Posted by Pls Help on Friday, June 6, 2008 at 10:40am.
10 subjects consumed 8 cups of coffee within 1 hour. and 10 subjects consumed 8 cups of water in the same time period. The subjects were asked to collect and measure the amount of urine they produced.
a) what is the probable hypothesis or relationship being tested by this student?
b) Name three or more controls that should be in place in order to ensure that the experiment results are valid?
c)Predict the probable results? Explain
biology 20 - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 6, 2008 at 10:46am
What do you think?
We'll be glad to check your answers.
biology 20 - Pls Help, Friday, June 6, 2008 at 10:53am
a) to see which of the two groups produce more or less urine.
b) them same amount of subjects in each group, the same amount of liquid consummed. and at the same time.
c) I think the subject drinking the water will produce more urine, than the coffe drinkers. But I am not sure why.
biology 20 - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 6, 2008 at 11:02am
A hypothesis states the outcome the researcher expects. Your hypothesis is that water drinkers will produce more urine.
For b, you may want to make sure that all subjects have emptied their bladders before starting the experiment. Also, what about the ages, sizes, and physical conditions of the subjects?
You may want to check this article about diuretics.
biology 20 - Anonymous, Monday, June 9, 2008 at 4:08pm
the removal of urea is a critical function of the kidneys. Explain the origin of urea and the mechanism by which kdneys ensure its secretion.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology 20 - 10 subjects consumed 8 cups of coffee within 1 hour. and 10 ...
- statistics - Canadians are becoming more conscious of the importance of good ...
- Statistiscs - Students in the psychology department consume an average of 5 cups...
- Statistics: Percentile Rank - A survey of college students was conducted during ...
- Statistics - The international Coffee Association has reported the mean daily ...
- math - Subjects were asked to taste two wine samples in sequence. Both samples ...
- statistics - A survey of college students was conducted during final exam week ...
- biostatistics - among coffee drinkers, men drink a mean of 3.2 cups per day with...
- statistics - A researcher reports an F-ratio with df = 2, 36 from an independent...
- Statistics - Given a study of 9804 overweight or obese subjects with preexisting...