Posted by Jennifer on Thursday, June 5, 2008 at 1:48pm.
What is the name of the product formed by the reaction of propylide ion and 2-chloropropane? I'm having problem because I don't know the formula of propylide ion.
Chemistry - Kristen, Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 9:07pm
the name of the product is 4 methyl 2 pentyne. a propylide ion is a three carbon structure with a triple bond between the second and third carbons and a negative charge on the last carbon. the first carbon is bonded to three hydrogens. CH3CC-
Chemistry - Julian, Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 4:09pm
That's wrong! It's not right! I have been stuck on this problem for WEEKS!
Chemistry - David, Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 6:22am
Nope, Kristen is right. It can also be written as 4-methylpent-2-yne but it's the same thing.
Chemistry - Amanda, Friday, May 1, 2009 at 12:08am
also written as 4-methyl-2-pentyne
Chemistry - student, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:19pm
thanks for the answer :)
Chemistry - Billy, Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 8:31pm
Amanda is correct
Chemistry - sbabalo, Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 1:59pm
Chemistry - octavia, Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 2:41pm
So what happens to the "chloro" part?
Chemistry - student2, Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 6:25pm
The chlorine takes the electrons from it's bond and leaves with a full valence and a negative charge.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - write the formula for and indicate the charge on each of the ...
- chemistry - Please judge my answer Question:A solution of AgNO3 (45 mL/0.45 M) ...
- DrBob222-Questions - Can you please check these for me. Thank you very much in ...
- Chemistry - What is the proper chemical formula for the perchlorate ion. Enter ...
- Chemistry - Name the complexes: [V(ox)(Cl)3]- [Cr(F)3(I)(H2O)2] Write the ...
- Chemistry 102 - The Ksp for cerium iodate, Ce(IO3)3 is 3.2 e-10. What is the ...
- Chemistry - Given the concentration of either hydrogen ion or hydroxide ion, use...
- Chemistry - What is the only positive ion found in H2SO4(aq)? a. ammonium ion b...
- chemistry - Which of these ions may be precipitated as sulfides? Assume neutral ...
- chemistry - The hydrogen carbonate ion is formed when an H+ ion combines with ...