Posted by rose - Ms. Sue on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:40pm.
I have to do a case study this weekend, before I start I would like to find some examples so I could start doing my reading.
Jennifer is a 29-year-old administrative assistant married to Antonio, an Italian engineer, whom Jennifer met four years earlier while on a business trip for her marketing company. The couple now lives in Nebraska, where Antonio works for the county's transportation department and Jennifer commutes an hour each way to her marketing office. They have been trying to start a family for over a year. Eight months ago, Jennifer miscarried in her second month of pregnancy. Antonio's parents love Jennifer and often ask her if she is expecting again, hoping to encourage her to focus on her next baby. Jennifer's mother passed away two years ago and her father's health is rapidly deteriorating. Jennifer faces the probability of placing her father in a skilled nursing care facility within the next few months, against his wishes
Case Study #2
Michael is a 40-year-old airline pilot who has recently begun to experience chest pains. The chest pains began when Michael signed his final divorce papers, ending his 15-year marriage. He fought for joint custody of his two children, ages 12 and 10, but although he wants to be with them more frequently, he only sees them every two weeks. This schedule is, in great part, a result of his employer's announcement that budget constraints would result in layoffs. Michael worries that without his job he will be unable to support his children and lose the new townhouse that he purchased. Michael's chest pains are becoming more frequent and he fears that he may be dying.
- psy - need some info. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:46pm
This site may help you.
- psy - need some info. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:59pm
Rose, I'm not sure what you want. Your examples above are related to stress.
What kind of case study do you need?
- psy - need some info. - rose - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:02pm
something that will give me an insight on the ones I had sent to you.
- psy - need some info. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:16pm
Those are case studies. They explain a situation and the stress placed on the individuals by both internal and external forces.
Do you need to explore ways to reduce their stress? Jennifer might consider moving closer to her work or getting a part time job without the long commute. Michael should see a doctor immediately.
Do you need to make up a case study -- following the pattern of those above? Think of people you know that have similar stresses.
- psy - need some info. - rose - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:25pm
I will need examples on solution , coping method, what defensive coping method could they use etc.
- psy - need some info. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:35pm
I'll stand by my original suggestions. Jennifer might consider changing jobs or perhaps working only three days a week in the office. Michael needs to see a doctor about his heart problems immediately. I sure don't want an airline pilot who might have a heart attack while he's flying MY plane.
You can also get ideas from some of these sites.
- psy - need some info. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:40pm
In any case of a possible physical problem, the first step is to get it checked out by a medical doctor. Michael's heart problems MAY be caused by stress, but no one will know until he's been evaluated medically.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science, Technology and Culture - I have to create a case study on The Impact ...
- science- need some help - ms. Sue I have to do a powerpoint presentation I do ...
- psy- - Ms. Sue are you? I have to do a powerpoint presentation on psychological ...
- science need info please - Ms. Sue, I have to do a presentation on Terrestrial ...
- Stats - Skewed distributions were discussed in this week’s readings. Think about...
- Debating - 1...2...3...4... This is so infuriating I have swapped the split on ...
- science - could someone please help me i have to write about the start of life ...
- World History - Ok, I am struggling with understanding world history...I have an...
- ss - can somebody help me pick out key topics for the begginning of the cicil ...
- Socials-Ms. Sue - Explain why some young women would agree to come to the colony...