Posted by rose - Ms. Sue on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:10pm.
Now that you have finished your research paper, what advice would you give to students starting this course? What would you do differently if you were just starting the course? On what would you focus more? On what would you focus less? Explain your answers.
As I finished my research paper, any students that plan to take this course, I will them that writing a research paper is a very serious matter, there is no way to escape that. However, a research paper does not have to be a challenge but an enjoyable task that you take pleasure in doing it. The most important factor is to find a topic that shows your interest and truly compels you. Also, a topic that you would like to know and investigate thoroughly, even though you have not asked to write a paper.
On the other hand, if I was starting this course, I would sit down and think about my past experience in other classes. My first thought would be what did work and what did not work for me and what area might need some improvements. In essence, I should think about tips that could help make a research paper work for me and to get an excellent grade in the process.
I will focus more on the thesis statement because this is usually the most challenging part in a research paper for me. I will make sure I present a strong thesis that will challenge a misconception and capture my audience right the way.
As a result there is no part in a research paper that I will focus less because everything is important, starting from the introduction, the thesis statement, the body and the conclusion.
- englishe- please revise - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:28pm
Was the entire course just about the research paper? Do you have advice for new students about other aspects of the class too?
A few comments and suggestions:
Your first sentence is awkward and wordy. I suggest you rewrite it something like this: My advice to students planning to take this course is to take writing the research paper very seriously; there is no escaping it.
Your last "sentence" is not a sentence, but is incomplete.
If I WERE (not was) starting . . .
. . . no part OF a research paper ON WHICH I will focus less, because . . .
- vdknifulr dojautxzb - vdknifulr dojautxzb, Monday, February 2, 2009 at 3:23am
rjbeqd rwdsmjhl dqvg twahkqnz fnulx iutanfqk avgnuf
Answer this Question
- business - Now that you have finished your research paper, what advice would you...
- business - Write a 200- to 300-word response to the following questions: o Now ...
- com 220 - Now that you have finished your research paper, what advice would you ...
- com22o - I have a question for anybody and no it is not home work. Now that you ...
- english - final revision - Now that you have finished your research paper, what ...
- research writing - What would you do differently if your were just starting this...
- statistics - 3. Consider selecting a starting line up for an intermural 6-on-6 ...
- Art History - I have to write a research paper on my field trip to the ...
- Com 220 - what advice would you provide for students starting this course
- college - Assignment Testing a Theory Write at least 300 words describing a time...