Posted by Tyree McCoy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:40am.
11. “The branches had become so hard that they wounded your hand if you but tried to break
a twig. And yet, down under the frozen crusts, at the roots of the trees, the secret of life
was still safe, warm as the blood in one’s heart; and the spring would come again!” This
quote (page 79) is a metaphor for
A. Alexandra’s dreams. C. Emil’s career.
B. Marie’s soul. D. Carl’s heart.
12. Which character is not “tied to the plow”?
A. Lou C. Frank
B. Otto D. Emil
13. “I carefully walked across the floor.” Suppose this is a quote of the narrator in a novel
you’re reading. What can you determine about the novel?
A. It’s a tragedy.
B. It’s a comedy.
C. It’s written in the first-person narrative point of view.
D. It’s written in the third-person narrative point of view.
14. What inspires Emil at Amédée’s funeral?
A. His memories of Amédée’s happy marriage
B. The sight of his horse
C. The music
15. “She was a good girl, not to suffer.” What does this quote refer to?
A. Emil’s reflections after having to shoot his horse
B. Mr. Bergson’s reflections on his daughter Alexandra
C. Frank’s reflections after shooting Marie
D. Emil’s reflections on Amédée’s wife after his death
16. When Alexandra leaves Frank in prison, she says she will
A. try to get him pardoned.
B. beg for the death penalty.
C. send him care packages.
D. deliver his note to the governor.
17. When Alexandra says, “And the people who love it and understand it are the people who
own it,” she’s referring to
A. the hammock. C. an education.
B. the land. D. independence.
- Reading - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:51am
ditto! Just trying to keep up with your posts, you've referred to different works and I'm lost!
- Reading - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 5:20pm
carefully walked across the floor.” Suppose this is a quote of the narrator in a novel
you’re reading. What can you determine about the novel
- Reading - Anonymous, Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 3:51pm
. When Alexandra leaves Frank in prison, she says she will
- American literature - Kelly, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:17pm
Which character is not tied to the plow
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Hemlocks are a common type of tree in the northern forests of the ...
- Algebra - How do you solve 5x^4-12x^3 by factoring? I tried to pull out an x^3, ...
- algebra - simplify:(3x0 ynegative 4)(2x2 y)3 this is hard to break down but i ...
- algebra - so the answer is 6 x6/y or 24 x6/y simplify:(3x0 ynegative 4)(2x2 y)3 ...
- Math - Beaufort Scale and Wind Effects 0 Smoke rises vertically 1 Smoke shows ...
- GEOGRAPHY - Loss of nutrients- when the trees are removed,the nutrients within ...
- Science Help - Selectively cutting down trees on an area of land can best be ...
- Science - Refer to the following scenario to answer Questions 3 through 7. ...
- English - 1. She was drying her hair with the hair drier. 2. Dry your body with ...
- bus stats - A manufacturing company has 5 identical machines that produce nails...