Posted by Tyree McCoy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:40am.
3. A “representative character” is one who stands for
A. a certain ethnic group. C. a certain political theory.
B. a type of personality. D. humanity in general.
4. Which one of the following characters is most in tune with nature?
A. Ivar C. John Bergson
B. Annie D. Emil
5. After the death of Mr. Bergson, who takes over the planning of the farm?
A. Alexandra C. Oscar
B. Lou D. Emil
6. The description of Alexandra’s house (page 32) suggests that she is
A. slovenly and uncaring about her appearance.
B. more comfortable outdoors than in.
C. likely to overspend on furniture.
D. musical and a fan of the piano.
7. When Carl says, “We are all alike; we have no ties, we know nobody, we own nothing,” he’s
A. the farmers downriver.
B. the farmers in Alexandra’s community.
D. city dwellers.
8. Carl’s mention of Frank’s jealousy is an example of
A. a universal truth. C. foreshadowing.
B. a convention. D. falling action.
9. “From two ears that had grown side by side, the grains of one shot up joyfully . . . and the
grains from the other lay still in the earth.” What two characters does this quote describe?
A. Ivar and Signa C. Otto and Lou
B. Alexandra and Otto D. Emil and Amédée
10. The yellow cane Alexandra finds at Marie’s house is a symbol of
A. Frank’s youth. C. Marie’s helplessness.
B. the ravages of old age. D. Carl’s sickliness.
Reading - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:51am
Sorry, lost again!
Reading - danton, Monday, July 7, 2008 at 3:58pm
When Carl says, “We are all alike; we have no ties, we know nobody, we own nothing,” he’s
Reading - danton, Monday, July 7, 2008 at 4:02pm
carl's mention of frank's jelousy is an example of
Reading - vanessa, Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 9:56am
Which one of the following characters is most in tune with nature?
Reading - Anonymous, Monday, December 8, 2008 at 4:51pm
Reading - tashabqui, Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 11:30pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- LA - Which of the following is an example of direct characterization? Two ...
- american literature - Which one of the following characters is most tune with ...
- English - Here is the second part of my summary I really need you to revise. ...
- Language Art's HELP ASAP! - 12.)Which of these strategies would be most ...
- Language arts - In the multi-draft reading process, what does a reader look for ...
- Statistics - For a certain computer program a password must be exactly 5 ...
- pyschology - I need an idea to get started please help me Thanks 1.First, choose...
- Math statistics - For a certain computer program a password must be exactly 5 ...
- finance... please help me urgent - an you help me please to get an ideas or ...
- PSY202 - One of the reasons that certain advertisements are successful is ...