Posted by Tyree McCoy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:38am.
11. How many years were Joe and Louisa engaged?
A. 7 C. 20
B. 15 D. 22
12. Which of the following stories is an allegory?
A. “Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”
C. “The Yellow Wallpaper”
D. “The Tell-Tale Heart”
13. “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” is ironic because
A. the South lost the war.
B. the bridge burns anyway.
C. the narrative interrupts with a flashback of Farquhar’s previous life.
D. what we think is happening actually isn’t.
14. “Bartleby” was written from the _______ point of view.
A. limited omniscient
15. Louisa’s reaction to Joe’s return is one of
A. excitement. C. relief.
B. romance. D. consternation.
16. Which one of the following incidents is an example of exposition?
A. The woman tearing off the wallpaper
B. Bartleby’s death
C. The narrator hiring Bartleby
D. The breaking-off of Louisa and Joe’s engagement
17. Where does Bartleby die?
A. In prison
B. In the Dead Letter Office
C. On the street outside the narrator’s previous office
D. In the narrator’s arms
18. The resolution in “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” occurs when
A. Farquhar is tricked by the visitor.
B. Farquhar’s body swings gently beneath the bridge.
C. Farquhar escapes the flying bullets and reaches the bank.
D. Farquhar’s wife steps from the veranda smiling joyfully.
- Reading - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:47am
OK. It's time for you to learn how to conduct a search:
It looks as if what you need to do is learn how to conduct thorough and effective searches for yourself. That's what research is, and I'm sure that's what your teacher expects you to do -- conduct research. You are searching for information that is so specific that you have to be prepared for the possibility that none of it may be online. Or some may be, and some may not. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library.
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page
< http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en > and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET section will help you best.
Learning HOW to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
=) With thanks to Writeacher
- Reading - Anonymous, Monday, June 23, 2008 at 11:07am
How many years were Joe and Louisa engaged?
- Reading - vanessa, Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 11:19am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Reading - 1. Of the following characters, the one you learn the most about in “...
- english - An occurrence at Owl Creek bridge compare and contrast to After Twenty...
- English - In three to five sentences, explain how Ambrose Bierce's use of ...
- English - How is "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" a reflection of the time ...
- English 11A Please Help. - In three to five sentences, explain how Ambrose ...
- english - which of the following contributes most to the mystery of "An ...
- Reading - 3. What hobby does Louisa constantly engage in? A. Spying on Joe C. ...
- English III - In “Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge,” Farquhar is a gentleman. Why ...
- English III - 1)Which of the following contributes most to the mystery of “An ...
- english - How does " an occurence at owl creek bridge" a reflection of the ...