Posted by Tyree McCoy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:38am.
3. What hobby does Louisa constantly engage in?
A. Spying on Joe C. Taking in stray dogs
B. Breaking hearts D. Sewing
4. Who visits Farquhar and encourages him to burn the bridge?
A. His wife C. A Union soldier
B. A Confederate soldier D. An English soldier
5. When Joe Dagget visits Louisa in “A New England Nun,” what does he rearrange?
A. Flowers in the blue vase near the window
B. Lavender cushions
C. Books on the table
D. Fine china
6. The narrator of “Bartleby” says his own two chief characteristics are
A. wealth and fame. C. discipline and punishment.
B. prudence and method. D. height and good looks.
7. Which one of the following statements accurately expresses the theme of “The Yellow
A. The best role for women is as housewives.
B. All women are being held in a kind of prison.
C. The best cure for insanity is rest.
D. Institutions for the insane need to be reformed.
8. Which one of the characters you read about is 12 years old?
A. The narrator’s daughter in “The Yellow Wallpaper”
B. Ginger Nut in “Bartleby”
C. Lily Dyer in “A New England Nun”
D. The son of the old man in “The Tell-Tale Heart”
9. When Farquhar dreams he has escaped, he imagines that
A. he’s shot.
B. another man is hanged instead.
C. his wife is dead.
D. he swims to shore.
10. How does Bartleby explain his refusal to perform certain tasks?
A. He doesn’t.
B. He becomes angry.
C. He blames it on his work at the Dead Letter Office.
D. He blames Turkey and Nipper for annoying him.
- Reading - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:52am
May I make a suggestion for the next time you post. Pick a work and post that with your questions before you move on to the next work, please.
- Reading - thanhthanh, Tuesday, September 16, 2008 at 1:32pm
how does bartleby explain his refusal to perform certain tasks
- Reading - buddy, Thursday, March 3, 2011 at 11:31pm
somebody ples answer these
Answer this Question
Reading - 11. How many years were Joe and Louisa engaged? A. 7 C. 20 B. 15 D. 22...
algebra help - The line graph below shows the number of stray dogs in a certain ...
Math - 2% of the stray dogs in southfield are unlicensed. on a randomly-chosen ...
language could you please check my work - true(t) or false (f) 1)f reading is ...
Statistics - Siegel found that elderly people who owned dogs were less likely to...
Psychology - Baby Louisa is able to interact with her environment in ways that ...
English - 1. My hobby is computer games. 2. My hobbies are computer games. 3. My...
Algebra - An elephant herd started moving at a rate of 6 mph. One elephant stood...
Child Psychology - Baby Louisa is able to interact with her environment in ways ...
english - which of the following contributes most to the mystery of "An ...