Posted by Tyree McCoy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:36am.
13. What reason does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” give for killing the old man?
A. He disliked the old man’s vulture-like eye.
B. The old man was very unkind to him.
C. He was insane and couldn’t control himself.
D. He planned to take the old man’s riches.
14. In “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” part of the exposition includes describing the legend
A. Major André’s tree. C. Van Tassel’s wealth.
B. Galloping Hessian of the Hollow. D. the black stallion Daredevil.
15. Why do the police visit the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart”?
A. They can hear the heart.
B. The narrator dares them to.
C. They saw the light from the lantern.
D. The neighbors had heard a shriek.
16. How does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” kill the old man?
A. He stabs him.
B. He suffocates him under the bed.
C. He cuts his heart out.
D. He scares him to death.
17. Writers generally use figurative language to
A. hint at the deeper meaning of something.
B. present factual information.
C. develop the rising action of a story.
D. present the denotative meaning of a word.
18. Why does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” confess?
A. He realizes there was no gold.
B. He knows the detectives have it figured out.
C. He feels guilty.
D. He doesn’t have an alibi.
19. Which one of the following words best describes Ichabod Crane?
A. Handsome C. Brave
B. Superstitious D. Heavyse
Answer this Question
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you very much in ...
- English - Thank you very much. Could you help me check these sentences, too? 1) ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. 1)His sallow ...
- literature - the label horror story is an example of a. a character study. b. ...
- English - Thank you very much for correcting my sentences. Here are some more I'...
- English - Can you please check these sentences I corrected myself on the basis ...
- English - Here are some more sentences belonging to the same summary.Thank you ...
- Highcschool - Which one of the characters you read about is 12 years old? A. The...
- English - I'm finding it difficult to check these sentences. Could you please ...
- English - I rethought them all. Thank you very much. 1)The following morning he ...