Posted by Tyree McCoy on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:36am.
13. What reason does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” give for killing the old man?
A. He disliked the old man’s vulture-like eye.
B. The old man was very unkind to him.
C. He was insane and couldn’t control himself.
D. He planned to take the old man’s riches.
14. In “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” part of the exposition includes describing the legend
A. Major André’s tree. C. Van Tassel’s wealth.
B. Galloping Hessian of the Hollow. D. the black stallion Daredevil.
15. Why do the police visit the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart”?
A. They can hear the heart.
B. The narrator dares them to.
C. They saw the light from the lantern.
D. The neighbors had heard a shriek.
16. How does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” kill the old man?
A. He stabs him.
B. He suffocates him under the bed.
C. He cuts his heart out.
D. He scares him to death.
17. Writers generally use figurative language to
A. hint at the deeper meaning of something.
B. present factual information.
C. develop the rising action of a story.
D. present the denotative meaning of a word.
18. Why does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” confess?
A. He realizes there was no gold.
B. He knows the detectives have it figured out.
C. He feels guilty.
D. He doesn’t have an alibi.
19. Which one of the following words best describes Ichabod Crane?
A. Handsome C. Brave
B. Superstitious D. Heavyse
- Reading - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 9:57am
Thank you for naming the specific work. Please try the following:
2. (an actual lesson plan): http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=850
- literature - joysaleen, Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 10:51am
. In ?The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,? part of the exposition includes describing the legend
- reading - 1, Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 10:20am
- reading - -1', Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 10:20am
- -1' - 1, Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 10:20am
Answer this Question
English - I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you very much in ...
English - Thank you very much. Could you help me check these sentences, too? 1) ...
literature - the label horror story is an example of a. a character study. b. ...
English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. 1)His sallow ...
English - Thank you very much for correcting my sentences. Here are some more I...
English - Can you please check these sentences I corrected myself on the basis ...
English - Here are some more sentences belonging to the same summary.Thank you ...
English - I'm finding it difficult to check these sentences. Could you ...
English - Shall I type the title of the story in italics? Thank you. Describe ...
English - I think I should rephrase the first question. I urgently need you to ...
For Further Reading