posted by Tyree McCoy .
13. What reason does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” give for killing the old man?
A. He disliked the old man’s vulture-like eye.
B. The old man was very unkind to him.
C. He was insane and couldn’t control himself.
D. He planned to take the old man’s riches.
14. In “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,” part of the exposition includes describing the legend
A. Major André’s tree. C. Van Tassel’s wealth.
B. Galloping Hessian of the Hollow. D. the black stallion Daredevil.
15. Why do the police visit the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart”?
A. They can hear the heart.
B. The narrator dares them to.
C. They saw the light from the lantern.
D. The neighbors had heard a shriek.
16. How does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” kill the old man?
A. He stabs him.
B. He suffocates him under the bed.
C. He cuts his heart out.
D. He scares him to death.
17. Writers generally use figurative language to
A. hint at the deeper meaning of something.
B. present factual information.
C. develop the rising action of a story.
D. present the denotative meaning of a word.
18. Why does the narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart” confess?
A. He realizes there was no gold.
B. He knows the detectives have it figured out.
C. He feels guilty.
D. He doesn’t have an alibi.
19. Which one of the following words best describes Ichabod Crane?
A. Handsome C. Brave
B. Superstitious D. Heavyse
Thank you for naming the specific work. Please try the following:
2. (an actual lesson plan): http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=850
. In ?The Legend of Sleepy Hollow,? part of the exposition includes describing the legend