posted by Tyree McCoy on .
4. Which one of the following words is an example of a literal meaning for the noun dog?
A. Mutt C. Cur
B. Hound D. Canine
5. Whom does Irving describe as being “plump as a partridge”?
A. Brom Bones C. Hans Van Ripper
B. Katrina Van Tassel D. Baltus Van Tassel
6. What irony is presented in “The Tell-Tale Heart”?
A. The murder victim was actually blind.
B. The narrator’s attempts to convince us of his sanity make him appear mad.
C. The police officers arrive because they can hear the beating of the victim’s heart.
D. The victim’s eye still haunts the narrator even after the murder.
7. Brom Van Brunt received the nickname Brom Bones because of his
A. horsemanship. C. large size.
B. arrogance. D. intelligence.
8. In “The Tell-Tale Heart,” the sound of the heart pounding is a symbol of
A. ill-gotten gains.
B. good detective work.
C. the desire of the dead for vengeance.
9. The protagonist of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” is
A. Ichabod Crane. C. Brom Bones.
B. the headless horseman. D. Katrina Van Tassel.
10. Which one of the following people is an example of an unreliable narrator?
A. Washington Irving
B. Edgar Allan Poe
C. The narrator of “The Tell-Tale Heart”
D. The narrator of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”
11. The conflict of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” is
A. person against nature. C. person against person.
B. boy against girl. D. man against ghosts.
12. New York state is the _______ for “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.”
A. setting C. plot
B. climax D. conflict
Some of the posts should already answer some of these.
Tyree, we do not do your homework for you. We will be happy to give you suggestions for corrections AFTER you have done the work.
Which one of the following words is an example of a literal meaning for the noun dog?
Which one of the following words is an example of a literal meaning for the noun dog
the answer to number 4 is D