Posted by serdar on .
what is laser optics, how laser optics work?
laser optics -
The laws of laser optics are the same as they are for "regular" optics, but there is a special emphasis on advanced topics that only become important with lasers, such as:
(1) coherent optical phenomena, such as "speckle"
(2) nonlinear optics (frequency doubling and shifting, RAMAN shifting)
(3) resonator design, including resonator-amplifier "MOPAs"
(4) image sharpening with phase conjugation
(5) image sharpening with adaptive optics and "reference stars"
(6) picosecond and femtosecond phenomena. (Behavaor of atoms molecules that are instantaneuls excited to a particular quantum state).
These are complex topics and I suggest that you Google them separately to learn more. A foundation in classical physical and geometrical optics is strongly advised.