Posted by derek on Friday, May 30, 2008 at 5:37pm.
if the measures of the angles of a triangle are represented by 2x, 3x-15, and 7x-15, the triangle is
1)an isosceles triangle
2)a right triangle
3)an acute triangle
4)an equiangular triangle
- math - Damon, Friday, May 30, 2008 at 5:56pm
The sides are different lengths so it is not isosceles or equiangular
(2x)^2 = 4x^2
(3x-15)^2 = 9x^2 -60x + 225
(7x-15)^2 = 49x^2 - etc
so a^2 +b^2 is NOT equal to c^2 so it is not a right triangle
Now lets see what x is:
2x + 3x +7x -30 = 180
12 x = 210
x = 17.5
so the three angles are:
2x = 35
3x-15 = 37.5
7x-15 = 107.5
so I would pick 3)
- math - drwls, Friday, May 30, 2008 at 6:01pm
Add up the angles and set the sum equal to 180 (degrees). Then solve for x. Then see what the actual angles are and decide what kind of triangle it is.
Is "none of the above" an option?
- math - Damon, Friday, May 30, 2008 at 6:22pm
hmm, now that you mention it, I would not pick any :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - if the measures of the angles of a triangle are represented by 2x, 3x-15...
- Math - Can someone please check to see if I answered these true and false ...
- Math - A triangle has 2 angles that measure 60 each. Which of the following best...
- math - if the measure of the angles of a traingle are represented by 2x, 3x-15, ...
- Math-CHECK PLEASE - Which of the statements is ALWAYS TRUE? A-A right triangle ...
- Math - Decide whether each statement is always true, sometimes true, or never ...
- math - The vertices of a triangle are listed below. H(-2,4), I(22,4), J(10,-1) ...
- Math - Which triangle is not possible to construct? A a right isosceles triangle...
- Math - True or false and if false write a true statement 1. A right triangle has...
- MATH - Which triangle is not possible to construct? A a right isosceles triangle...