posted by John on .
1. Is Jenny a male name or a female name?
2. He got an A in the English test.
2-1. He got an An in English Test.
2-2. He got A in English Test.
Which one is right among the three?
3. I am worried about his health.
I am concerned about his health.
I worry about his health.
Are the three expressions the same?
Can we use some more expessions which have the same meaning?
1. Jenny is usually a shortened name for Jennifer and is a female name.
2. We say: He got an A ON the English test. However, we also say: He got an A in English.
3. All three sentences are correct and mean about the same. The first and third ones, though, imply a more serious attitude, perhaps even a life-and-death matter.