Posted by Marie on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 9:59pm.
Lisa will make punch that is 25% fruit juice by adding pure fruit juice to a 2-liter mixture that is 10% pure fruit juice. How many liters of pure fruit juice does she need to add?
mixture problem - Damon, Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 11:04pm
cup size fraction fruit amount fruit
.25 x + .5 = x+.2
.3 = .75 x
x = .3/.75 = .4 liters
mixture problem - Marie, Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 11:05pm
mixture problem - Anonymous, Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 3:58pm
1. 10%of 2 liters is .2 liters of pure fruit juice then,
To make it 25% we must add how much which is .3 liters to 2 liters which will make it 2.3 liters so 25% of 2.3 liters of juice will be 25/100 into 2.3 which is 1/4 into 2300 which is 23 into 25 milliliters
Which is .5 l approx
mixture problem - Billybob, Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 8:06pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - A vat contains 8080 gallons of a fruit juice mixture that is 30%30% ...
- math - A bottle of cordial contains 5litres ,of which 10% I'd pure fruit juice....
- math - To make the punch, the staff adds 250 milliliters of fruit juice for ...
- math - A bottle of cordial contains 5litres ,10% is pure fruit juice.how many ...
- math - Mrs. Crawford has invested $ 6,000 at 3% interest. How much additional ...
- math - Charles mixed pineapple juice and orange juice to make a fruit punch. He ...
- Algebra - Maggie is making fruit punch. She uses 2 1/2quarts of grape juice and ...
- Algebra 1 (Reiny) - I'm sorry but I'm confused about the steps you took in the ...
- Algebra 1 - Maria has 8 cups of a fruit punch that consists of 25% orange juice ...
- math - To make punch for her upcoming party, Mary used a recipe that calls for 1...