Posted by Tareena-- check my answer please on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 4:26pm.
The Captain of a freighter 8km fromthe nearer of two unloading docks on the shore finds that the angle between the lines of sight to the docks is 35 degrees. if the docks are 10km apart, how far is the tanker from the farther dock?
My answers :
idont know whis one is right
method # 1:
suppose b= 8, c=10,a=?
taking sqaur root of 36
using law of sin
using law of sin
sin 35/10=sin 144.5/a
- Math - drwls, Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 5:19pm
The law of sines is the way to do this. That is your method #2. Method #1 only applies to right triangles.
You made some algebra errors, however.
sin B = 0.4589
B = 27.3 degrees
180 - B - C = A , not what you wrote.
- Math - Tareena-- check my answer please, Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 5:22pm
how does B= 27.3 how did u come up with that number
- Math - Tareena-- drwls check my answer please, Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 5:32pm
Answer this Question
- MATH - The Captain of a freighter 8km fromthe nearer of two unloading docks on ...
- Math - The Captain of a freighter 8km fromthe nearer of two unloading docks on ...
- Math - The captain of a freighter 8 km from the nearer of two unlaoding docks on...
- Geometry - The distance between two docks on opposite sides of a river is 90 ...
- Applied Calculus - An underground electricity cable is to be laid between two ...
- English - Can anyone figure out this riddle?: With sup I'm a brace. You hope is ...
- Science - Golgi Bodies can be compared to ____________ in a bakery: A. Loading ...
- math - From a mountain 1780 ft. high, the angle of depression of a point on the ...
- MATH!! - the ramp shown below is used to move crates of oranges to loading docks...
- circle - A park maiand mantenance person stands 16m from a circular monument. ...