Posted by help? on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 1:14pm.
TRUE OR FALSE
The virtual image formed by a convex mirror is always enlarged.
A convex mirror never forms a real image of a real object.
When the object of a concave mirror is inside the focal point, the image is virtual.
The image produced by a convex mirror is always closer to the mirror than it would be in a plane mirror for the same object distance.
A concave mirror always forms a virtual image of a real object.
A virtual image formed by a concave mirror is always enlarged.
A concave mirror always forms an enlarged real image of a real object.
- physics - ~christina~, Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 1:22pm
what are your ideas on this?
hint: it depends on the distance of the object from the mirror.
- physics - help?, Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 1:34pm
no it's cool i finally think i got it.
- physics - drwls, Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 10:47am
All answers are correct. The next-to-last required a bit of thinking.
1/do must be less than 1/|di| if di is negative (virtual). You also know that f is positive. Therefore
1/do - 1/f = 1/|di|
Therefore 1/do < |1/|di| ;
|di| > do so the image is enlarged.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- tsion - Determine whether each of the following statements is true or false. A ...
- Physics: true or false - A convex mirror forms a virtual, diminished, and ...
- physics: true or false - A concave mirror of focal length 10 cm forms an upright...
- Physics repost - 1)An ____ lens is used to produce a real image. A)convex B)...
- physics - A person stands in front of a mirror at an amusement park. the person...
- physics - A 4.5 cm tall object is placed 20 cm in front of a spherical mirror. ...
- physics - 1)A convex mirror of focal length 10 cm forms an upright and magnified...
- Physics - A real object is located at the zero end of a meter stick. A large ...
- Physics - A convex mirror (f1 = −6.30 cm) and a concave mirror (f2 = 9.50 ...
- physics - Because a concave lens cannot form a real image of a real object, it ...