Posted by MIKE on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 10:25pm.
A living room has a length of 18.25 feet and a width of 12 1/2 feet. What would those dimensions be on the architectural drawings, if the scale of 1 ft = 1/4 inch is used? (your answers should be given in 16ths of an inch)
- Math Help please - Reiny, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:04pm
if 1 foot = 1/4 inch, then
18.25 feet = 1/4(18.25) or 4 9/16 inches
12.5 feet = 1/4(12.5) or 3 1/8 inches
Argghh! Go metric !
- Math Help please - MIKE, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:07pm
3/ 1/8 is not in 16th how do i get it to 16th
- Math Help please - Reiny, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:25pm
1/8 = 2/16
- Math Help please - MIKE, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:10pm
how would i find these with those answers :
How many square feet are there? square feet (ROUND to the nearest WHOLE foot)
If we added 10 % additional for waste, how many square feet should be ordered?
- Math Help please - Reiny, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:28pm
area = length x width
= 18.25 x 12.5 = 228.125 square feet
or 228 square feet in whole numbers
10% of 228 square feet is 22.8 square feet
so the total is 228 + 23 = 251 square feet.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A living room has a length of 18.25 feet and a width of 12 1/2 feet. ...
- Math - For a math homework assignment, Karla found the area and perimeter of a ...
- Pre-Algebra - I need help with scales, please! Q: You are making a scale drawing...
- Math - A designer's architectural drawing has a room which is 1 3/4 by 2 5/8 ...
- math - Sam is going to tile a rectangular room that has an area of 64 square ...
- math - jim wants to place carpet in his living room.the dimensions of his living...
- math - consuelo's living room is in the shape of a rectangle and has an area of ...
- math - a storage room measures 11.35 feet in length by 9.5 feet in width by 8.3 ...
- math - A storage room measures 14.25 feet in length by 12.5 feet in width by 8.4...
- i really need help but dont know how to do it - Taylor made a scale drawing of ...