Posted by MIKE on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 10:25pm.
A living room has a length of 18.25 feet and a width of 12 1/2 feet. What would those dimensions be on the architectural drawings, if the scale of 1 ft = 1/4 inch is used? (your answers should be given in 16ths of an inch)
Math Help please - Reiny, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:04pm
if 1 foot = 1/4 inch, then
18.25 feet = 1/4(18.25) or 4 9/16 inches
12.5 feet = 1/4(12.5) or 3 1/8 inches
Argghh! Go metric !
Math Help please - MIKE, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:07pm
3/ 1/8 is not in 16th how do i get it to 16th
Math Help please - Reiny, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:25pm
1/8 = 2/16
Math Help please - MIKE, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:10pm
how would i find these with those answers :
How many square feet are there? square feet (ROUND to the nearest WHOLE foot)
If we added 10 % additional for waste, how many square feet should be ordered?
Math Help please - Reiny, Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 11:28pm
area = length x width
= 18.25 x 12.5 = 228.125 square feet
or 228 square feet in whole numbers
10% of 228 square feet is 22.8 square feet
so the total is 228 + 23 = 251 square feet.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A living room has a length of 18.25 feet and a width of 12 1/2 feet. ...
- Math7 grade - An architectural drawing has a scale of 2 in=5 feet. If living ...
- Math - A designer's architectural drawing has a room which is 1 3/4 by 2 5/8 ...
- MATH MS. SUE - 1. The length of a piece of paper is 8.5 inches. Using scissors, ...
- Pre-Algebra - I need help with scales, please! Q: You are making a scale drawing...
- Math - The blue print for the Lewis' living room has a scale of 2 inches = 5 ...
- i really need help but dont know how to do it - Taylor made a scale drawing of ...
- Math - Your living room is 20 feet long by 12 feet wide. How long will the ...
- Math - For a math homework assignment, Karla found the area and perimeter of a ...
- Math 6 scale math - A model of a rail road station has a scale of 1 inch equals ...