Posted by John on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 1:48pm.
Sorry If I am botherthing you again, But I have another assignment:
You're visiting a botanical garden. As you enter the gate, you read the sign. Fill in the missing verbs:
1. (pagar)----------la entrada en la caja
2.(entrar)No ---------sin pagar!
3. (mirar)---------las flores!
4. (tocar) No----------las flores!
Several friends are helping you set up for a party. Tell them what to do.(note: this exercise was kinda confusing to me, but I tried my best):
1. (colgar) Ricardo,----------los globos ahi!
2.(poner) Gladys.---------- los refrescos en esa mesa!
3.(traer) Estela, no---------el pastel ahora!
4.(prepares) Mirta,---------la limonada ahora!
5.(ayudar) Mirta, --------a Arturo con las decoraciones!
- Spanish - SraJMcGi n, Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 9:07pm
As usual, my eyes will not stand scanning up and then down and then up again, etc. So I am printing them out and then I can explain it better to you.
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 9:17pm
No bother, especially when you begin to understand and do it perfectly, like te one you posted just before this one!
The instructions said that you're visiting a botanical garden. If you see the sign at the gate, it will NOT be a tú/familiar command. They often are written in the infinitive form = easy! (Pagar) OR since they don't know the person reading it, the usted or formal command = PAGUE for #1
#2 same reason as above. (NO ENTRE)
#3 same reason as above. (MIRE)
#4 negative usted/formal command = NO TOQUE
Part II. Now you are speaking to FRIENDS. Since that could be plural, and you don't use "vosotros/vosotras" you would have to use ustedes/formal plural. However, in front of the comma (,) is the one person to whom you are speaking, so that will be a tú/familiar command, either affirmative as #1, #2 or negative, as #3.
1. (stem-changing verb o--->ue) CUELGA
2. (irregular command) = PON
3. (only "yo" form as a different stem) = TRAE
Here is what you need to know. The affirmative regular tú/familiar command, looks EXACTLY like the 3rd person singular of the Present Tense. Look at the punctuation to see if it a statement OR a command.
María trae la comida. = Mary brings food. (this is simply a statement)
María, trae la comida. = Mary, bring the food. (this is a command)
First of all, I hope you understand where you went wrong.
Then I hope you have MANY more to do so we can be sure you DO understand the concept!
- Spanish - John, Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 9:42am
Thanks for your help. I'm pretty confident that I can do the others correctly now. Thanks again.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. The gate is shut at 7. 2. The gate gets shut at 7. 2-2. The gate ...
- spanish - How do I answer these negatively like they already happened Va a ...
- spanish - Cuando estoy muy cansado, no me gusta usar la escalera. Prefiero usar ...
- algebra - need help again!!!!! Simplify the expression. Use only positive ...
- English grammar - 1.Some of the pie---(is,are)missing. 2.Alof the pies---(is,are...
- Spanish - what do you call a jack n'box in spanish? not the place to eat... but ...
- Spanish III - Help me not fail my Spanish III class? Write the 'yo' form ...
- spanish - is this correct? "Lo siento, señor. No puede pagar con tarjeta de cré...
- Math - To Reiny: Hi, thank you for your time Reiny and your info. I am so sorry ...
- CHEM! - Okay well I suddenly got confused for a lab I did We took pH meter than ...