Posted by Kate on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 9:30pm.
I got some multiple choice questions to practice and I'm not sure of how to get the answers...
1). Which of the following corresponds to the COC bond angle in dimethyl ether?-94 degrees, 110degrees, 180 degrees, 122 degrees, or 60 (i think it's 110
2). classify the reaction below as oxidation, a reduction, or neither.
3). among the compounds water, but-1-yne, but-2-yne, and ethane, which are stronger acides than ammonia
a). water and but-1-yne b). water and ethane c). but-1-yne and ethane d). but-1-yne and but-2-yne
4). which of the following alcohols undergoes dehydration upon heating with concentrated H2SO4 without carbocation rearrangement?
a). 2-methyl-2phenylpropan-1-ol b). 2-methylhexan-3-ol c). 3-methylpentan-3-ol d). 3,3-dimethylpentain-2-ol e). both a and b
5). which of the following alkyl halides can produce only a single alkene product from when treated with sodium methoxide?
6). which of the following is not a property of ehters which makes them good solvents in organic reactions?
a). they dissolve a wide range of polar substances
b).they dissolve " " of np substances
c).they are nonhydroxylic
d).they have relatively high boiling pts for their molecular weights
e).they are normally unreactive toward strong bases
- Organic Chemistry - Dr Russ, Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 5:20am
You need to post some suggestions for us to help you with.
- Organic Chemistry - Kate, Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 11:07am
I just wanted to get these checked. I think 1 is b, 2 is a, 3 is d, 4 is c, 5 is e and 6 is a
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...
- Chem. - Here's a multiple choice on a worksheet I've been given. The thing is ...
- Chemistry - The ΔHof of gaseous dimethyl ether (CH3OCH3) is –185.4 kJ/mol; ...
- Math - I am not sure which questions I got wrong but I am not getting the link ...
- Organic Chemistry - 1. Why is diethyl ether a good choice for an organic solvent...
- Algebra - A test consist of 15 multiple choice questions, 12 true-false ...
- math - A multiple choice answers for the question. What is the measure of the ...
- Math (Algebra) - Gretchen and Ezia received equal scores on a test made up of ...
- Statistical concept 68-95-99.7 - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient ...
- math - Francine and Cheryl received equal scores on a test made up of multiple ...