Posted by Mackenzie on Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 9:10pm.
how do you do this??
- Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 11:45pm
Multiply -2 by each term inside the parenthesis (x+3).
Complete the multiplication of -2 by each term inside the parenthesis.
Remove the parenthesis around the expression -2x-6.
Since -2x contains the variable to solve for, move it to the left-hand side of the equation by adding 2x to both sides.
Since -4x and 2x are like terms, subtract 2x from -4x to get -2x.
Since -7 does not contain the variable to solve for, move it to the right-hand side of the equation by adding 7 to both sides.
Subtract 6 from 7 to get 1.
Divide each term in the equation by -2.
Simplify the left-hand side of the equation by canceling the common terms.
Simplify the right-hand side of the equation by simplifying each term.
therefore x = -1/2
Answer this Question
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...
- math math math math - a. what is the general term of the following series? 60/...
- What Makes A Good Math Teacher? - I think a good math teacher is someone who can...
- Math - All of my life I have gotten a C average in math. I have been trying to ...
- English - Revise the folloing sentences to create parallel constructions. (...