Posted by Mackenzie on Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 9:10pm.
how do you do this??
- Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 11:45pm
Multiply -2 by each term inside the parenthesis (x+3).
Complete the multiplication of -2 by each term inside the parenthesis.
Remove the parenthesis around the expression -2x-6.
Since -2x contains the variable to solve for, move it to the left-hand side of the equation by adding 2x to both sides.
Since -4x and 2x are like terms, subtract 2x from -4x to get -2x.
Since -7 does not contain the variable to solve for, move it to the right-hand side of the equation by adding 7 to both sides.
Subtract 6 from 7 to get 1.
Divide each term in the equation by -2.
Simplify the left-hand side of the equation by canceling the common terms.
Simplify the right-hand side of the equation by simplifying each term.
therefore x = -1/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - What is temperature when you do math. In seventh grade math is hard and I...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- LNU - math In a class of 50 students it was found 21 are taking English 14 are ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - A fertilizer covers 5/8 square foot in 1/4 hour. i don't understand how ...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...