Posted by kim on Saturday, May 3, 2008 at 5:43pm.
HI THERE, COULD SOME ONE PLEASE HLEP ME ON THIS QUESTION...
A sample of the near-ground air concentration of caesium-137 at
11 locations in southern Germany a few days after the Chernobyl nuclear
accident in 1986 consisted of the following measurements (in Bq/m3).
1)Choose the option that gives the median concentration within the
Options for Question 1
A) 0.60 B) 2.90 C) 3.10
D) 3.30 E) 3.70 F) 5.77
2)Choose the option that gives the lower quartile for the near-ground air
concentration within the sample.
3)Choose the option that gives the upper quartile for the near-ground
air concentration within the sample.
Options for Questions 2 and 3
A) 0.23 B) 0.60 C) 1.74 D) 3.30
E) 4.98 F) 5.77 G) 7.98 H) 8.29
- maths - PsyDAG, Sunday, May 4, 2008 at 10:12am
Arrange the scores in order of their value. In this order, the sixth value will be the median — 50% (half) of the scores will have a higher value and 50% will have a lower value. If there are two middle-most scores, the median would be the mean of those two scores.
The lowest quartile is the lowest 25% or lowest quarter. 11/4 = 2.75, so 2.75 or rounded to 3, would be the number of scores in the lowest quartile.
At the high end, the same would be true of the highest quartile.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Concentrations of Cs-137 reached 29KBq/kg in reindeer meat after the...
- s103 - the isotope caesium -137, which has a half life of 30 years, is a product...
- DrBob222 - On Monday you helped me to understand and answer the one question, ...
- chemistry - The isotype caesium -137, which has a half life of 30 years, is a ...
- Science - "Blow up a balloon and tie it up. Leave it for a few days. After a few...
- Chemistry - The isotope caesium-137, which has a half life of 30 years, is a ...
- calculus - Question: "Plutonium isotope Pu-239 has a half-life of 24,100 years. ...
- Maths! - There has just been a planetary alignment of five planets in the system...
- chemistry - caesium+water-->caesium hydroxide caesium+oxygen-->caesium ...
- Chemistry - Isotopes - The isotope caesium 137 has a half life of 30 years. How ...