Posted by Priya on Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 4:46pm.
e.g. tan 315 = -1, does that work in our equation ??
Yes, thank you again Reiny!
My next question is to find sin theta and cos theta.
cos 2theta = 1/3 and pi less than or equal to 2theta less than or equal to 2pi
I hope Im not overburdening you with question:/
- trig - Reiny, Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 5:04pm
<<I hope Im not overburdening you with question:/>>
lol, I love trig and do these kind of questions for recreation.
for this one you will need to know
1. sin2A = 2sinAcosA, and
2. cos2A = cos^2 A - sin^2 A
or 2cos^2 A -1
or 1 - 2sin^2 A
I will do the first, you do the second
cos2A = 1-2sin^2A
1/3 = 1 - 2sin^2 A
2 sin^2 A = 1 - 1/3
sin^2 A = 1/3
sinA = ±1/√3 (I used A instead of theta)
Can we use both ± ?
2theta is in either I or IV
then theta is in either I or II, but the sine in both of these is positive, so
sinA = +1/√3 only.
you try the second one.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - sin theta = 8/17 and theta is in the second quadrant. Find sin(2theta),...
- Calculus - I wanted to confirm that I solved these problems correctly (we had to...
- math - There are no typos and no work b/c I don't know how to do them. Thanks. 1...
- Maths- complex numbers - Find tan(3 theta) in terms of tan theta Use the formula...
- math - I have a question I have been working on since yesterday and I am not ...
- precalc h - sin(theta)/1-cos(theta) + 1-cos(theta)/sin(theta) = 2csc(theta) That...
- Algebra II - Which of the following expressions are not equal to 1? A) sin^2 ...
- trig 26 - simplify to a constant or trig func. 1. sec Ču-tan Ču/cos Čv+sin Čv ...
- trig - given that cos(theta)= (3/5) and sin (theta)<0, find sin(2 theta) cos...
- Math - 1)Find cos theta if sin theta=3/5 and 90 degrees<theta<180 degrees...