Posted by choccy on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 9:05am.
Chemical and physical changes.
please could someone help me i need to say whether the following are chemical or physical changes and explain why. I`ve looked myself but i can`t find anything that helps. grateful for any help .thanks
Frying an egg , burning paper , mixing a cake ,whisking an egg , digesting food , puddle drying up,rusting metal , breaking a bottle
- year 7 science - PsyDAG, Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 10:43am
Since this is not my area of expertise, I searched Google under the key words "chemical physical change" to get these possible sources:
In the future, you can find the information you desire more quickly, if you use appropriate key words to do your own search. Also see http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- year 7 science - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 1:38pm
Just remember that with a PHYSICAL change the chemical make up of the item remains the same; it changes it's looks but is the same chemically.
When CHEMICAL changes occur, then the make up changes as well.
For example when ice melts, the ice is now water but the chemical make up remains the same - thus PHYSICAL change
But when milk becomes "sour", then it's not the exact same milk anymore - it has added substances that caused the milk to sour - thus, it's a CHEMICAL change.
- year 7 science - kieran, Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 5:26pm
what is the scintific name for rainbow
- year 7 science - jim, Friday, March 6, 2009 at 11:30pm
its albert not nikola tesla
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Changes in Matter - Which of the following kitchen activities are physical ...
- Changes in Matter - Which of the following geological changes are physical ...
- Changes in Matter - Which of the following everyday activities are physical ...
- Chemistry - Are the following physical or chemical: a. dew is dried by the sun a...
- Science - When you boil an egg, the egg "white" changes from clear to white. The...
- science - I dissolved two different white solids into water. One solid dissolved...
- science - What happens when a candle is alight (on one side we had to show ...
- Chem Lab - Am I right? Classify the following properties of sodium metal as ...
- To: Bobpursely - You helped me with my observations yesterday, but I need help ...
- science - what happens when a candle is alight, basing it on energy. what are ...