Posted by CM on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 12:11am.
1. The Five-Power Treaty, the Four-Power Treaty, and the Nine-Power Treaty were all attempts to
a. establish, or fix, national borders.
b. exchange ambassadors.
c. ensure international peace.
d. lower trade and tariff barriers.
-----------------------my answer: A?
the U.S hosted an international conference on naval disarmaent and Pacific security.
The Five-Power Treaty was to have equal naval power with Great Britian, the Four-Power Treaty was to respect each other's territory in the Pacific, and the Nine-Power Treaty was guarentee china's territorialintergrity and prosed to uphold the Open Door policy.
2. The event that prompted the American public to lend its overwhelming support to the entry of the United States into World War II was
a. Japan's bombing raid on Pearl Harbor.
b. Germany's land attack on Czechoslovakia.
c. Germany's invasion of Poland.
d. Germany's submarine attacks on U.S. ships.
-----------------------my answer: C?
In 1939 the German invasion of Poland sparked World War II. Soon, Roosevelt took steps to aid the European countries under siefe. Some 3 weeks after the German invasin of Poland, he urges Congress to amend the neutrality act that barred the exports of minitions. Then Roosevelt soon realized that Americn invlvement is unavoidable and started a compaign to prepare U. S. degenses for the likely conflict.
------------------Is that correct???
- American History - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 8:26am
I'm not sure about the first one; another teacher may be able to help you there. I'd choose C, but I also know there were several nations and borders that were created/determined by different treaties after WWII.
The second one is incorrect. The one, single incident that catapulted the US into WWII was the attack on Pearl Harbor.
- American History - Rebecca, Friday, May 2, 2008 at 9:34pm
Second one can be aruged apon because there was the Lend Lease Act between The U.k and USA.
Answer this Question
- history - How did the Treaty of Versailles change Europe and effect Germany in ...
- History - How did the war end? As the Allies were dominating, the Central Power ...
- American history - I have to answer these questions: 5. Compare the viewpoints ...
- American History - What was the name of the treaty that NE negotiated with Spain...
- Science - [I choose a.] How did the CITIES treaty reduce the slaughter of ...
- social studies - the U.S. signed a peace treaty with the British treaty of pairs...
- History - How did the Treaty of Versailles change Europe and effect Germany in ...
- math - which of the functions,P,H,L,R, is a polynomial.The following are a ...
- History - Word bank : Lexington and Concord, Saratoga, Yorktown Treaty of Paris ...
- government - which of the following is an example of the investigatory powers of...