Posted by natash on Monday, April 28, 2008 at 12:46am.
ok I'm having trouble with graphing this chemistry lab. It's on atomic emission spectra. In this experiment we observed the line spectrum of first helium, and here is the data:
color: distance: wavelenght:
light blue 21.70cm
light green 22.75cm
faint red 33.95cm
and then for hydrogen:
Its given the visible helium emission lines:
wavelenght(nm) relative intensity
and so on...
Also there is a table of colors of visible light:
wavelenght range (nm)
and so on...
Now I'm asked to make a calibration curve for helium. distance along meter stick A vs. waelength
I know Y is the distance (cm)which we found out in the lab and wavelenght (nm) is the X.
I don't understand how I would set up the excel.
- chem lab - DrBob222, Monday, April 28, 2008 at 12:02pm
Personally, I wouldn't waste my time on setting up a program on Excel. If you were to do this every day for a year it would make sense but to do it once it is easier to calculate each line and graph it manually. You can be through with it by the time you set up the program. Of course, you may have been asked to graph it ON THE COMPUTER with Excel in which case just ignore this response. I don't know how to use Excel to graph. However, if you will go to the Excel help button and type in graph, the instructions will come up. I have found the Help section very useful.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chem lab - I'm doing a lab on helium and hydrogen emission spectra. so I got ...
- Physics - Hydrogen Emission spectrum - a) Describe the emission spectrum of a ...
- chem lab - hi im doing a post lab sheet for chem class. and im having a little ...
- chem - why are the atomic emission line spectra different for each element?
- Astronomy - help! - Imagine that you have obtained spectra for several galaxies ...
- chemistry - What are emission spectra? Is it correct to say . The pattern of ...
- Chemistry - Emission Analysis of Aqueous Solutions of Groups IA and IIA Metal ...
- Analytical Chemistry - 5mL of a solution A (unknown concentration) was ...
- Physics - Hydrogen discharge tube - a) Describe the emission spectrum of a ...
- physics lab - The experiment done in lab is repeated, using a ball that has ...