Posted by John on Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 1:55am.
Let's find out how Parents' Day is different from country to country, and let's learn the expressions related to congratulation or praise.
O Answering praise
O Saying one's own opinion
O Answering praise or congratulation
How do you express the mind of gratitude?
What is the relationship of the people having a conversation?
They are a teacher and a student.
They are a mother and a son.
Mom is an intimate word for mother. we can say mommy instead of mom.
'Happy Mother's Day!' is a congratulating greeting for 'Mother's Day'.
How do you express that you love parents in English?
What action will be expected after this dialogue?
They will hug each other.
They will angry at each other.
In Western culture it is general to send the congratulating mind by giving and taking presents together with cards.
Would you check the expressions above? I'd like to use correct expressions.
English Expression - SraJMcGin, Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 9:03am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum.
First of all, what is the O for at the beginning in those phrases?
the mind of gratitud = better as "express gratitude"
We can say Mommy.....Mom. (capitalized as proper name) We should be capitalized as it is a new sentence OR use a semicolon after mother "mother; we can say ..."
How do you express that you love your parents, etc.
They will be angry with each other OR They will get angry at each other.
Check the last sentence = In western culture (what does your book say? Western Culture), generally one sends congratulations by giving and taking presents together with cards. (If you could simplify that, it would flow better.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Expression - 1. 'I'm glad you like it.' is an expression answering ...
- English - You have applied for a job in England and the company has sent you an ...
- English Expression - When we answer the praise or the favorable word of the ...
- Grammar and capitalization - Select the sentence with the correct capitalization...
- English - Hello. I will be grateful for your advice. Which is correct in English...
- Grammar - Select the sentence with the correct capitalization. A) The patient, ...
- English Expression - Let's find out the differences between Parent's Day in our...
- english/writing - how can i write this sentence in a different way The Scarlet ...
- English - True or false? An audience would give much praise to a pathetic ...
- Economics - Based on the total world trade share with the given information, ...