Posted by rose- on Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 7:44pm.
What are some of the characteristics of a Type A personality? How could having a Type A personality affect a personís reaction to stress? What would you view as some advantages or disadvantages of a Type A personality?
A person with a type A personality characteristics demonstrates a chronic sense of urgency. This person tends to be competitive, aggressive, and even hostile. For example, they will get upset over any little thing, and are very short tempered. As a result, a person with a type A personality is more susceptible to stress than others.
Type A personality and stress has become partners in every human beingís life. As of today researchers cannot determine the characteristics and the cause of a Type A personality. In essence, a person with these characteristics such as urgency and impatience has already a conflict with stress. Therefore, with these characteristics having a negative effect on someoneís attitude and behavior; that person may show a good deal of stress and tremor.
Unexpectedly Type A personality has been promoted in our society. Some advantages are as follows: people see competitiveness and want to be always on top. The disadvantages are people will most likely be susceptible to heart disease, angina and a very tough lifestyle.
- psy - please revise - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 7:52pm
This looks good. You might add that type A personalities have a lot of energy and get things done.
- psy - please revise - rose-, Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 7:56pm
Thanks a lot Ms. Sue.
- research writing - bullard, Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 9:16pm
Assignment: Quoting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing Sources
Resources: Finding, Evaluating, and Utilizing Credible Information; Appropriate Style Guidelines; the Axia College Writing Resources Web Site; Appendix D; and Appendix E
Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
Review How to Work with Information from Sources at the Axia College /sources regarding when and how to quote, summarize, and paraphrase sources.
Practice note-taking techniques by quoting a source you plan to use for your research paper, summarizing a second source, and paraphrasing a third source.
Follow APA style guidelines at the Center for Writing Excellence to cite your sources:
- psy - please revise - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 7:58pm
You're welcome, Rose.
- psy - please revise - PsyDAG, Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 1:35pm
Here is some more specific information about type A and Hardy personalities and how they respond to stress.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- psy 210 - What are some of the characteristics of a Type A personality? How ...
- psychology - What are some of the characteristics of a Type A personality? How ...
- Psychology - What are some of the characteristics of a Type A personality?How ...
- Psychology - How could having a Type A personality affect a personís reaction to...
- psychology - Rodney is described by others as always in a hurry, always trying ...
- psy210 - Q: Do you think that having an understanding of cultural differences ...
- Help with Psychology Homework - Your professor asks you to take a personality ...
- Psycology - The DSM-IV is an important tool for clinicians. It provides a ...
- Psy/405 - I need help locating information for these questions please. Describe ...
- Psychology - Sources of stress do not automatically cause stress-related ...