Posted by Ree on Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 1:05pm.
What Should I Do Next?
What Should I Do Next?
Kim Allred is relatively new as a supervisor, having
been promoted only two months ago. Before her promotion,
she had worked for the company for seven
years as a sales specialist in office equipment. There
is no doubt that she is a whiz at selling office equipment.
Because of her accepted expertise in the field,
it was natural for her to be promoted when the supervisory
opening in office equipment sales became
Yesterday, Kim received a memo from her boss, Ed
Jackson, stating that all departmental plans for the next
fiscal year were due by the end of the month, which
was 10 days away. She immediately went into a panic.
She had never prepared a formal plan, and she had no
idea what was required. After worrying over the matter
for a day, Kim decided that the best thing to do
would be to ask Ed for some guidelines.
Kim: Ed, yesterday I received your memo regarding
next yearís plan. Iíve never prepared a formal
plan, and frankly, I donít even know where to
Ed: Calm down, Kim. I apologize for forgetting
that this is your first go-around in the planning
process. What I am looking for is a plan for
attaining the objectives that we agreed upon
for your department last month. In other
words, the ABCs of how you plan to
accomplish each objective.
Kim: In other words, you want a written explanation
of just how I expect to accomplish each
objective. Just how detailed should this plan
be, and what format are you looking for?
1. How would you answer Kimís questions if you
were Ed Jackson?
2. How would you go about preparing this plan if
you were Kim Allred? (Suggest a framework for
Kim to follow.)
3. Do you think Kimís initial reaction to the
planning process was unusual? Why or why
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Business Communications - English 101 - In this paragraph, any errors on ...
- English - Thank you. I have a doubt on Hamlet's plot. 1) Hamlet's father has ...
- Math - 2nd grade number patterns Number Series I am having problems with these 2...
- Art - Could you please tell me which alternatives are possible? Thank you, ...
- Business - A new business has been launched with four employees who work for the...
- Art - Can you please check these sentences, Writeacher? Thank you very much. 1...
- elementary brainteaser - My college teacher gave us a brainteaser for elementary...
- Math - After a recent series of home improvements, four couples were having a ...
- Business Communications - English 101 - revised.... just wanted to make sure I ...
- english - Hello! I had to read a novel and do a work about it I told what I read...