Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 9:47pm.
I need to recite this poem in front of the class and i have to add at least three more lines to it. does anyone have any suggestions?
Math is the thick red book,
Sitting there, waiting for you to open it,
Just waiting for your sigh.
Math is working two times harder,
Then any other classes,
Just to get at least a B.
You stress over math,
Hurrying to get your grade up,
And get all the other homework done too.
Math is the hours and hours
Of homework each and every night,
Even though we know its just busy work.
Math stares at you, mocking you
As if it knows you will never understand it.
Math has the teachers, who just donít care,
They sit there, voices monotone,
Our confused faces reflecting off their glasses.
- poetry - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 9:52pm
I'd change all those "you" words to some form of "I" -- and then the "our" in the last line will make sense.
Line 5 should read "Than in any other classes,"
How about the last three lines about grades? Maybe you surprised yourself and got a good quiz or test grade? It would be good to end the poem on a personal positive.
Answer this Question
- English-Poetry - Which of these phrases best decribes rhythm? A.repeated sounds ...
- poetry - i have to write a poem about a food and i chose mac and cheese, it has ...
- poetry - I have to write a poem at least 15 lines about how i have accomplised ...
- American Literature - So for my class, I have to write a poem with these ...
- English - Read the dialogue. Then rewrite the dialogue on the lines. Add ...
- English - I have to memorize and recite exactly 12 lines from Shakespeare's "...
- Spanish - I need to find a poem but I only have a couple of lines in the poem ...
- Poetry - how to write poetry? I have a poem, but how do i get it on paper, typed...
- English 2 - Need help with this-- 'Now you're going to write a "wisdom" poem. ...
- Literature - I know that Sonnets have fourteen lines THE QUESTIONS IS are "The ...