Posted by natash on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 10:06pm.
Acetic acid (HC2H3O2) is an important component of vinegar. A 10.00mL sample of vinegar is titrated with .5052 M NaOH, and 16.88 mL are required to neutralize the acetic acid that is present.
a.write a balanced equation for this neutralization reaction
b.what is the molarity of the acetic acid in this vinegar?
c.If the density of the vinegar is 1.006 g/mL, what is the mass percent of acetic acid in the vinegar?
- chem-acid-base titrations - DrBob222, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 10:54pm
HC2H3O2 + NaOH ==> HOH + NaC2H3O2
Calculate mols NaOH from L x M = ??
Convert mols NaOH to mols HC2H3O2 using the coefficients in the balanced equation.
M acetic acid= mols/L.
Determine mols acetic acid in the 10 mL sample and from that grams acetic acid, then calculate percent from
[grams acetic acid/mass sample]*100
Post your work if you get stuck.
- chem-acid-base titrations - DrBob222, Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 12:10am
You must have used 0.010 for L NaOH but the problem says volume NaOH is 16.88 mL.
- chem-acid-base titrations - Mo, Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 3:24pm
Assume that your vinegar contained a small amount of citric acid (a triprotic acid).
Using the same experimental data, would you expect the molarity of this sample to be
the same as or different than a sample which contained only pure acetic acid?
- chem-acid-base titrations - Anonymous, Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 5:48pm
- scsu - Chemistry, Monday, February 17, 2014 at 10:26pm
What is the weight per volume percent (i.e. % density) of 0.5522 g acetic acid in the 10.00 mL sample?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chem. - A 10.0 mL of vinegar, an aqueous solution of acetic acid (HC2H3O2), is ...
- chemistry - 10 ml sample of vinegar an aqueous solution 0f acetic acid( HC2H3O2...
- Chemistry - Hi, could someone help me with these calculations for my lab; Given...
- Chemistry - Thanks for your help; I am still have a few problems, could you ...
- Chemistry - In this experiment NaOH is standardized to find out the percent by ...
- Chemistry - Vinegar is a dilute solution of acetic acid. What is the ...
- chemistry - 4. Vinegar is a dilute solution of acetic acid. What is the ...
- chemistry - A 12.6 mL sample of vinegar, containing acetic acid, was titrated ...
- Gen. Chemistry lab - Trying to find mass percent of acetic acid in 25 drops of ....
- Chemistry - Acetic acid, HC2H3O2, is the sour constituent of vinegar (acetum is ...