Posted by Missy on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:19pm.
I really don't know what to do on this question. If someone could start me off I could probably get the answer. Remember I am in 6th grade.
Dani has a sack of 50 pens. Of these, 10 are black, 15 are blue, and the rest are red. If she grabs a handful of 5 pens, how many would you expect to be black.
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:27pm
Since 10 pens out of 50 is 10/50, we can reduce this fraction to 1/5.
How many pens out of 5 would you expect to be black?
- CIRCUMFERENCE - ANA TORRES, Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 9:58pm
I DON'T GET IT
- 6th Grade Math - Missy, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:34pm
So would it be 20 pens?
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:37pm
But Dani only grabbed 5 pens.
- 6th Grade Math - Missy, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:44pm
So would it be 1?
- 6th Grade Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 7:46pm
Right! :-) You'd expect 1 black pen out of 5 pens.
- 6th Grade Math - helen and Janneke, Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 11:21am
- 6th Grade Math - AHSAN, Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 12:55am
- 6th Grade Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 12:58pm
[1st number]2+[2ndnumber]2=794 2+[x]2=794 169+x2=794 x=794=169 x=2 625 x=2 625 x=625 5 625 5 125 5 25 5 5 1
- 6th Grade Math - Anonymous, Monday, August 31, 2015 at 8:07pm
A team played 18 games during the season.the team lost 8 games and won the rest.what is the ratio of wins to losses
- 6th Grade Math - KATH, Monday, December 14, 2015 at 10:45pm
WRITE 1800 AS A PRODUCT OF ITS PRIME FACTORS USING EXPONENTS?. PLEASE TELL ME THE SOLUTION..
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade science - I recently posted a 6th grade science question at 9:11 p.m. ...
- Math - At Jefferson School, both 6th grade & 7th grade classes take a math test...
- Math 6th grade - Does any one know a really good websites for 6th grade math ? I...
- 5th Grade Math - Urgent Part II - Sorry my question got cut off. 2 to the 6th ...
- 6th grade Reading - Worksheet for An Ant's Life and The Best School Year Ever ...
- Math (7th grade) - I have a math question that I do not really understand how to...
- Social Studies, 6th Grade. - HELP!! I don't know this question: where would you ...
- 6th Grade Math - I don't really understand the rules for adding and subtracting ...
- 6th grade Math - I don't get this question, can someone please explain it, ...
- equation 6th grade - i am in the 6th and learning but stuck on this big one. ...