Posted by Lily on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 2:35am.
From the Standard Potential Table in your general chemistry textbook:
Half-reactions are written as _________ reactions with charge and mass balanced.
Among the ions, Cd2+Pb2+ & Ca2+ ,__________ has the greatest ability to reduce to its neutral metal.
(Use ^ for superscripting)
Among the neutral metals; Pb, Ca & Cd, ____________ has the least ability to oxidize to the +2 ion.
(No special characters are need for subscripting)
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 1:14pm
The reactions are written as reductions reactions.
For questions 2 and 3, look up the reductin potentials in your text. The ions with the largest negative potential are the hardest to reduce.
- Chemistry - lexi, Friday, May 9, 2008 at 1:42pm
I think half reactions are redox
and Pb has the greatest ability to reduce its neutral metal
- Chemistry - uci student, Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 9:10pm
first answer isnt redox, second one isnt calcium, third is for sure pb.
this is difficult because it doesnt match up to reading, webworks are starting to get unreasonable.
- Chemistry - ef webwork, Monday, May 11, 2009 at 5:16pm
- Chemistry - UCI Girl, Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 9:22pm
- Chemistry - CCCCC, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 6:03pm
UCI girl is right
- Chemistry - chem student, Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 6:57pm
uci girl is right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry, electrochem - (1) Half-reactions are written as ______ reactions with...
- Chemistry - The following equations are intepretations of the evidence from the ...
- Chemistry - The toxic metal cadmium Cd2+ has a tendency to complex with as many ...
- Chemistry - 3. Which oxidation-reduction reactions are best balanced by the half...
- Chem Check Please!!! - 1) Assuming the following reaction proceeds in the ...
- Chemistry - On the semi - reactions below is correct to say: Li + + 1℮- =&...
- chemistry - Using the half-reaction method, balance the redox reaction below. ...
- chemistry - Could I get some help with these please? Thanks Calculate the ...
- Chemistry - Using standard reduction potentials, calculate the standard E¡Æcell...
- Chemistry- Please help!! - Using standard reduction potentials, calculate the ...