Posted by Lily on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 2:35am.
From the Standard Potential Table in your general chemistry textbook:
Half-reactions are written as _________ reactions with charge and mass balanced.
Among the ions, Cd2+Pb2+ & Ca2+ ,__________ has the greatest ability to reduce to its neutral metal.
(Use ^ for superscripting)
Among the neutral metals; Pb, Ca & Cd, ____________ has the least ability to oxidize to the +2 ion.
(No special characters are need for subscripting)
Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, April 21, 2008 at 1:14pm
The reactions are written as reductions reactions.
For questions 2 and 3, look up the reductin potentials in your text. The ions with the largest negative potential are the hardest to reduce.
Chemistry - lexi, Friday, May 9, 2008 at 1:42pm
I think half reactions are redox
and Pb has the greatest ability to reduce its neutral metal
Chemistry - uci student, Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 9:10pm
first answer isnt redox, second one isnt calcium, third is for sure pb.
this is difficult because it doesnt match up to reading, webworks are starting to get unreasonable.
Chemistry - ef webwork, Monday, May 11, 2009 at 5:16pm
Chemistry - UCI Girl, Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 9:22pm
Chemistry - CCCCC, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 6:03pm
UCI girl is right
Chemistry - chem student, Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 6:57pm
uci girl is right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry, electrochem - (1) Half-reactions are written as ______ reactions with...
- Chemistry - The following equations are intepretations of the evidence from the ...
- Chemistry - The toxic metal cadmium Cd2+ has a tendency to complex with as many ...
- Chemistry - 3. Which oxidation-reduction reactions are best balanced by the half...
- Chem Check Please!!! - 1) Assuming the following reaction proceeds in the ...
- Chemistry - On the semi - reactions below is correct to say: Li + + 1℮- =&...
- Chemistry - Using standard reduction potentials, calculate the standard E¡Æcell...
- Chemistry- Please help!! - Using standard reduction potentials, calculate the ...
- chemistry - Use the following steps to balance the redox reaction below: Mg + Au...
- chemistry-balanced redox equations - Use the following steps to balance the ...