Posted by lie on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 2:45pm.
Which of the compounds below exhibit geometric isomerism (cis-, trans-)?
here's what i got:
1-chloro-1-pentene - yes
1-heptene - no
1,2-dimethylcyclopentene - Yes
2-methyl-3-hexene - yes
2-methyl-2-butene - Yes
1,2-dimethylcyclohexane - No
but my answer doesn't seem to be correct. please help
chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 3:01pm
I'm not an organic chemist AND I have trouble visualizing these in my mind, but I think 1 methylcyclopentane is no. There are no double bonds. I have trouble with 1,2-dimethylcyclopentene but you're probably right. The others I would agree with you. If you are putting your answers into a data base post to let me know if my answer is ok.
chemistry - lie, Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 3:14pm
well i can't check to see if these are correct because it doesn't tell me.
i looked them up online. Here is what i found online.
chemicalforums . com/index.php?topic=25938.0#msg97599
please verify these answers because this homework is worth alot of points
chemistry - Mike Lee, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 6:42pm
It is 2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Organic Chem - Which of the following alkenes do not show cis-trans isomerism? I...
- Ochem - Which Alkene is capable of stereoisomerism: 1-pentene, 2-methyl-1-...
- Organic Chemistry - 2-methyl-2hexanol is reacted with sulfuric acid at around ...
- chemistry - Outline the following synthesis: a) 2 – methyl propene -> 2-...
- Chemistry - Hey Everyone I was wondering how I could write the condensed ...
- Organic Chemistry - How do I draw the condensed formula for: 1. 2-methyl-2-...
- chemistry - Name the compound (CH3)2CHCCCH3 1. 2-methyl-3-pentyne 2. 3-methyl-1-...
- Organic Chemistry-pls check - Which is the major product from acid catalyzed ...
- Ferdinand Marcos University - What are the condensed structure of each of the ...
- chem - is 2-methyl-2-pentene capable of forming cis/trans isomers