Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 3:14am.
1)AP has U6=12.5 and U19=32
(a)What is the nth term?Tn=5+(n-1)1.5
(b)What is the sum of 4 terms between U10 and U13 inclusive?
(a)What is the nature of this sequence?
(b)Calculate the sum of the first nine terms?
(b)If Wm=2+5m, when is Wm first a three digit number?
(c)Find m for the case where Wm=U10
Math - Reiny, Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 9:02am
for 1. a) I would simplify a bit further.
= 5 + 1.5 n - 1.5
= 1.5n + 3.5
find the sum of the first 13 terms, then
find the sum of the first 9 terms.
2. Clearly a geometric sequence if the expression is (1/2)^(n-3)
The problem is that you did not specify the starting value of n
e.g. if you start with n = 4, term 1 is 1/2
if you start with n = 1 then the first term is 4
In any case r = 1/2
Use you sum formula to find the sum of 9 terms.
3. obviously an arithmetic sequence with a= 11.5 , d= -.5
Sum(n) = n/2[2a + (n-1)d]
0 = n/2[23 - .5(n-1)]
solve for n
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths-sequence need help - if the sequence is 2,15,52,125,246.... find the nth ...
- maths sequence - if the sequence is 2,15,52,125,246.... find the nth term ...
- Maths - Hi, I am working on some Nth problems - can anyone tell me if this is ...
- algebra 2 help please/check - The first 3 terms in a geometric sequence are 1.1...
- Algebra II - The first 3 terms in a geometric sequence are 1.1, 1.65, and 2.475...
- algebra 2 - The first 3 terms in a geometric sequence are 1.1, 1.65, and 2.475. ...
- 9th grade math honors - suppose t(1)=-91 and -67 is another term of an ...
- Mathematics - Deternine the formula of the nth term of the sequence if the sum ...
- Math ( Can You check my Work?) - 1.an = 3n - 1 2. an = 2(2n - 3) 3.an = 4^n 4.an...
- Maths - The first 5 terms of an arithmetic sequence are: 7 13 19 25 31 Prove ...