Posted by Reindier on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 7:18pm.
Here is the full lab:
Lab: Electrolytic Cells
Purpose: The purpose of this experiment is to test the method of stoichiometry in cells.
Wire lead (x2)
tin(II) chloride solution (3.25 M)
Take the mass of the steel can and record your observations.
I get 117.34 grams
Place the steel can in the large beaker.
Pour the solution of tin(II) chloride into the beaker so it surrounds (but does not go in) the steel can.
Place the tin electrode into the beaker.
Attach the wires to the steel can and the tin electrode.
Connect the wires to the proper terminus on the power source.
Set the timer to 6.00 minutes and start the timer.
The power source will come on automatically and will turn off automatically when time runs out.
Take the mass of the steel can.Assume it is completly dry when you do so.
I get 118.05 grams
What is the mass of the tin produced?
chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 7:30pm
The mass of the Sn produced is the difference between the starting mass of the steel can before the procedure started and the mass of the steel can after the experiment was completed. What is that? About 118.05 - 117.34 = ??
chemistry - Reindier, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 7:45pm
chemistry - Reindier, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 7:53pm
The mass of the tin produced is 0.71 grams
What is the theoretical mass of tin that should have been produced?
chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 9:32pm
I have worked this problem several times over the last three-four days. You would do well to post ALL of your questions that deal with the experiment ALONG WITH YOUR WORK TO SHOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, explaining as you go what steps you don't understand and WHY you don't know the next step to take. Doing it this way you can drag it out for several days AND we will have done all the work for you, bit by bit. Done all together, you may understand how the problem works.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - sorry i didn't post before.. Lab: Electrolytic Cells Purpose: The ...
- chemistry - Lab: Electrolytic Cells Purpose: The purpose of this experiment is ...
- chemistry - Here is the full lab: Lab: Electrolytic Cells Purpose: The purpose ...
- chemistry - sorry the first one didn't post properly Lab: Electrolytic Cells The...
- chemistry - hey drbob222 do you think you could help me out with this lab. Lab: ...
- science - can someone edit my lab report please? Here it is Purpose: The purpose...
- Chemistry - Which statement is true for the cell as it discharges? Zn | Zn2+(1 ....
- Physical Chemistry - Three electrolytic cells containing solutions of CuNO3, Sn(...
- chemistry - TO DR.BOB222 hi i have a question. It's regarding a electrolytic ...
- Chemistry - A compound of Tin Sulfate is decomposed in the lab to give 1.91g of ...