Posted by janet on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:11pm.
1. Who is Cowley and what's the title of the work?
2. "mid-May" - m..m.. = alliteration
3. Romantic = nature
Scroll down and read about Romanticism.
4. An iamb has two syllables, with the stress on the second syllable. Rachel, Alice, and Sally all have the stress on the first syllable.
Scroll down and read about Meter.
5. Pentameter means five "feet" to the line. Which one means four "feet" to the line? http://www.answers.com
A "foot" in poetry is the number of syllables in whatever type of meter the poet is writing in. Iambic anything means two syllables in each foot, and this line has eight syllables, therefore four feet.
6. Either A or D -- my preference is D.
7. I haven't read those; go back and read them all, and it should be clear.
10. You have the means to look up each of those terms in the links I've already given you.
11. http://www.artofeurope.com/shakespeare/sha3.htm Look at the ends of the lines and let me know what YOU think the rhyme scheme is.
Very obvious if you read carefully.
fpdan xqzvmiht yigwekr jrklne phoszx jhwbzy nwxhasv
High quality international long distance calls with InterCalls.
1. C Correct
2. B Correct
3. D C STUDY GUID 98-100
4. A Correct
5. C Correct
6. C Correct
7. D Correct
8. C Correct
9. C Correct
10. D Correct
11. A Correct
12. C B STUDY GUID 94-96
13. D Correct
14. D Correct
15. B Correct
16. A Correct
17. B Correct
18. A Correct
19. C B STUDY GUID 89-93
20. A Correct
english - for my comparison essay i am analysis of the 2nd device for katy perry...
LIT. - The way Cowley uses the phrase "my own country" is an example ...
Math - how do you solve this I keep trying and I keep getting the wrong answer. ...
Algebra - - ok... we keep getting this one wrong: Solve the following equation ...
Math - I can't figure out 6 - 2/3r = 1 1/2 The way we're learning how to...
Calculus - Let f be defined as follows. y = f(x) = x^2 - 4 x (a) Find the ...
Math - Hi, I am getting very frustrated. I am doing an online homework for ...
english - What is wrong with these sentences then? I have been reading and ...
Pre calc - Vector A has magnitude 23 units and direction, counterclockwise from ...
Math - (7.66 10^2)(6.29 10^-4) answer then convert to scientific ...
For Further Reading