Posted by May on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 2:24pm.
Tom purchases an IBM from Jonh, a thief, for $550. Later, Tom reconditions the typewritten and sells it to Larry for $750. When the original owner tracks down the stolen typewritten, Larry sues Tom under the theory of
a. warranty of title
b. warranty of merchantability
c. express warranty
d. warranty against infringement
I think D
Beacause Larry is Tom's best friend, Larry sues Jonh for his loss. Larry will
a. win on theory of warranty of title or win in theory of strict liability?
b. Lose because there is no privity of contract
c. lose, Jonh was a thief and made no warranty of life
d. lose, there was a disclaimer
I think B
- Help on business law - bobpursley, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:22pm
You are right on the second one. On the first, what is warranty of title?
- Help on business law - May, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:26pm
Warranty of title is an implied warranty made by a seller that the seller ha good and valid title to the goods sold and that the transfer of the title is rightful.
- Help on business law - bobpursley, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:31pm
so, Larry bought somethign from Tom, and Tom did not have a right to sell it.
- Help on business law - May, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:45pm
i guess..so do you think D is correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He is less tall than Tom. 2. Tom is taller than he. 3. He is less ...
- business law - Bryan owns an orchard behind john's house and property. The only ...
- English - 1. He has as many books as Tom. 2. He has as much money as Tom. 3. He ...
- English - 1. Tom, answer the phone. 2. Tom, get the phone. 3. Tom, receive the ...
- Physics - Tom the cat is chasing Jerry the mouse across the surface of a table 1...
- business law - Jud Wheeler signed a contract to purchase 10 acres of land in ...
- English - In the Adventures of Huck Finn DISCUSS TOM'S RESPONSE WHEN THE REAL ...
- math - tom saved $550 to go on a school trip. the cost for a hotel room, ...
- applied business law - Jud Wheeler signed a contract to purchase 10 acres of ...
- English - 1. He has less money than Tom. 2. Tom has more money than he. 3. He ...