Posted by May on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 2:24pm.
Tom purchases an IBM from Jonh, a thief, for $550. Later, Tom reconditions the typewritten and sells it to Larry for $750. When the original owner tracks down the stolen typewritten, Larry sues Tom under the theory of
a. warranty of title
b. warranty of merchantability
c. express warranty
d. warranty against infringement
I think D
Beacause Larry is Tom's best friend, Larry sues Jonh for his loss. Larry will
a. win on theory of warranty of title or win in theory of strict liability?
b. Lose because there is no privity of contract
c. lose, Jonh was a thief and made no warranty of life
d. lose, there was a disclaimer
I think B
- Help on business law - bobpursley, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:22pm
You are right on the second one. On the first, what is warranty of title?
- Help on business law - May, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:26pm
Warranty of title is an implied warranty made by a seller that the seller ha good and valid title to the goods sold and that the transfer of the title is rightful.
- Help on business law - bobpursley, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:31pm
so, Larry bought somethign from Tom, and Tom did not have a right to sell it.
- Help on business law - May, Friday, April 18, 2008 at 3:45pm
i guess..so do you think D is correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He is less tall than Tom. 2. Tom is taller than he. 3. He is less ...
- English - 1. He has as many books as Tom. 2. He has as much money as Tom. 3. He ...
- English - 1. Tom, answer the phone. 2. Tom, get the phone. 3. Tom, receive the ...
- English - In the Adventures of Huck Finn DISCUSS TOM'S RESPONSE WHEN THE REAL ...
- English - 1. He has less money than Tom. 2. Tom has more money than he. 3. He ...
- English - 1. Why is the Tom taller than Sam? 2. Look at the Tom who is running ...
- maths - tom and jerry travel from bedok to jurong, a distance of 34km. tom is ...
- math - john and tom race around a circular track,divided like the face of a ...
- business law - Bryan owns an orchard behind john's house and property. The only ...
- Physics - Tom the cat is chasing Jerry the mouse across the surface of a table 1...