Posted by lauren on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:46pm.
Posted by lauren on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:45pm in response to ALGEBRA.
the problem is 92 is greater than or equal to negative 4p.
why is the answer p is greater than or equal to negative 23?
I am confused! why is it not p is less than or equal to negative 23?
algebra/ inequalities - Damon, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 9:00pm
92 >/= -4 p
divide both sides by -4
When you multiply or divide both sides of an inequality by a NEGATIVE quantity, you CHANGE the DIRECTION of the arrow
-23 </= p
algebra/ inequalities - lauren, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 9:39pm
Thanks for the help. Let me see if I get it now. So,
-2x < -4
divide both sides by -2
answer is x > 2
I had x < 2, but I reverse the sign since I divided by a -2 on both sides, correct?
algebra/ inequalities - lauren, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 9:32pm
thank you so much!!! i need that help to finish my homework!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Use a graphing calculator or a computer to graph the system of ...
- math - dentify the line that contains the error in this solution and correct the...
- Algebra--Correction? - Solve x^2 -3x is greater than or equal to 10 Would the ...
- math - State the null hypothesis, Ho, and the alternative hypothesis, Ha, that ...
- math, algebra - my question is : on the following i have to graph them i just ...
- algebra 2 - i need help solving these inequalities i'm not sure if i should ...
- College Algebra - How do you solve this to graph the system of inequalities? x+...
- Algebra - What is the length of the interval of solutions to the inequality 1 ( ...
- Algebra - Did I do this correctly? 13 - (2c + 2) >(pretend it has the line ...
- algebra - use the inequality -4t-8 is less than or equal to 12 a. t is greater ...