Posted by Katie on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:07pm.
A new photocopier can make 72 copies in 2 min. When an older photocopier is working, the two photocopiers can make 72 copies in 1.5 min. How long will it take the older photocopier working alone to make 70 copies?
Algebra - Katie, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:10pm
How would you set it up? Would it be (72/2) + (72/1.5)= (70/x)? we didn't do examples in class
Algebra - Damon, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:45pm
new --> 36 copies/min
old --> n copies/min
new + old = (n+36) copies/min
(n+36)copies/min * 1.5 min = 72 copies
1.5 n + 54 = 72
1.5 n = 18
n = 12 copies/min
12 copies/min * t = 70 copies
t = 35/6 = 5.83 min
Algebra - Damon, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:49pm
I wrote out all those copies/ min and such for a reason. In problems like this if you keep track of the units, it is hard to go far off course.
Geometry - 8===D, Monday, April 22, 2013 at 5:55pm
I am stuck on this one too :(
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Word problem: A new photocopier can make 72 copies in 2 min. When the ...
- ALGEBRA - A new photocopier can make 72 copies in 2 min. When an older ...
- algebra - A certain office can purchase a photocopier for $5600 with a ...
- Math - A photocopier copies 80 pages in 4 minutes. How much time will he take to...
- Calculus - a local office supply store has an annual demand for 50,000 cases of...
- math - jenny's company has two photocopying machines, one of which is older and ...
- Math - It takes an older pump 4 times as long to drain a certain pool as it does...
- Algebra - Tom and Jerry are working together to weed the garden. Working ...
- math - hi if we make 10 copies of letter and it cost $4.00 to make copies how ...
- Math - At Kinko's, Sean made 56 copies costing $16. Color copies cost $0.75 each...