Posted by Adam on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 6:50pm.
Match the terms with the correct definitions.
2. coordination compound
3. Lewis base
4. complex ion
5. bidentate ligand
6. octahedral complex
a) a ligand that can form two bonds (donate two electron pairs) to a metal ion.
b) a neutral compound (often containing a transition metal) consisting of a complex ion and counter ions.
c) a neutral molecule or charged ion that acts like a Lewis base by donating a lone pair of electrons that can be used to form a bond to a metal ion.
d) a metal ion surrounded by six ligands in an octahedral geometry.
e) electron pair donor.
f) a charged species consisting of a metal ion surrounded by ligands.
- Chemistry terms - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 7:04pm
We'll be glad to correct your answers.
- Chemistry terms - Adam, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 7:11pm
- Chemistry terms - DrBob222, Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 8:31pm
Those answers look good to me. Good work.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry HELP PLEASE - write the formulas of the complex ion formed between a) ...
- chemistry - write the formulas of the complex ion formed between a) the ligand, ...
- Chemistry - If you had this complex ion [CoCo3(NH3)4]^+, where the CO3^-2 is a ...
- Chemistry - A metal element (M) forms a hexadentate complex with the ligand ...
- analytical chemistry - Consider a general reaction where a ligand L and a metal ...
- Chemistry - Which ligand binds the tightest? Ligand A, with a Kd of 10^-9M ...
- chemistry - given: Ferrocene, Acetylferrocene, 1, 1' Diacetylferrocene What part...
- AP chemistry - A certain complex of metal M is formulated as MCl3 ∙ 3 H2O...
- chemistry - Which if the following statements concerning complex ion Co(en)2Cl2...
- CHEMISTRY - Suppose you are studying coordination compounds of Co(II) with the ...