Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 8:55pm.
Could you please give me a sentence and make it once in the CONDITIONEL and once in the SUBJUNCTIVE. I don't understand the difference between those two. I have read all kinds of explanations but I need one clear example to show me the difference.
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 9:02pm
Scroll down to Conditional sentences in English.
I'd use one of the realis sentences as an example of conditional and one of the irrealis sentences as an example of subjunctive.
English - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 9:17pm
Thank you very much!
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 9:02pm
This site explains these two concepts well -- with several examples.
English/French - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 9:10pm
for example: the conditionel
"je donnerais" means I would give ("ich würde geben" in German) right???
nous donnerions - we would give
but how do you translate into English (or German) the French subjonctif??
it's almost like a conjugation-combination of present and imperfect
je donne (présent)
tu donnes (présent)
il donne (présent)
nous donnions (imparfait)
vous donniez (imparfait)
ils donnent (imparfait)
When do you use the subjonctif and what does it translate to?
English/French - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 9:22pm
Please click Post a New Question and repost your question about English/French as a new question. That way our foreign language expert will see it and respond.
English/French - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 10:03pm
I will do that, thank you
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Native speakers - Hello once again! Can you tell me the difference ...
- Persuasive Writing - How do you paraphrase "an entire article" and then ...
- English - Hi, I'm having trouble understanding this sentence... "It comes upon ...
- English - Thank you very much. I have a few other doubts concerning a paraphrase...
- English - 1. Once you start reading, you cannot stop it. 2. Once you go there, ...
- English - Listening to the explanations of the sports, let's play the quiz game...
- math - using 3,4,5,6, =28 you have to use each number once Using addition once, ...
- "write a paragraph on book's thesis"? - I'm going into AP (advanced placement) ...
- English - When is greatness is a bad thing. Please don't say when it is misused...
- algebra - Can someone please help me with the following?: Factor each expression...