Posted by Mikal on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 5:46am.
how do you translate the french word générique into italian and spanish?
French/Italian/Spanish Translation - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 8:51am
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help forum.
Spanish = genérico (or genérica if the noun is feminine)
Italian = generico
French/Italian/Spanish Translation - Mikal, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 9:40am
Sorry, i wasn't too clear about what the term meant. Ive been told that générique in French can also mean "opening" as in an opening theme or music of say, a tv show.
Do the translations still apply then in that context?
French/Italian/Spanish Translation - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 10:44am
Thank you for clarifying. True, in French générique as an adjective means generic. Then the terms I gave you apply. However, as a noun "le générique" means, as in a movie "credit line OR credits." As for "opening" it would entirely depend upon the context, or exactly how the word is used. If you mean opening number = l'ouverture (feminine.)
Now, if that is what you want:
Spanish = el primer número
Italian = I'm not sure offhand but I'll try to find it for you.
French/Italian/Spanish Translation - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 10:57am
Lots of choices! (If you are going to do a lot of this kind of thing, I have a great dictionary site to give you!)
opening night = la prima
initial part (as in music) = inizio
initial part = parte iniziale
overture (prelude) = inizio / preludio
French Translation - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 11:01am
I went to my caravan in the isle of wight.I went swimming i also done some jigsaws to and debbie got me some roller skates and i played on them of ages
French/Italian/Spanish Translation - k, Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 8:20pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Foreign Languages - French is spoken by more people than Italian. I personally ...
- maths - in a group of 60 children 31 speak French 23 speak Spanish 14 neither ...
- Language Arts/ words from many cultures - 1)A lizard-like reptile with a narrow ...
- math - There are a total of 107 foreign language students in a high school ...
- MATH SETS AND COUNTING - There are a total of 103 foreign language students in ...
- french(MME! M'AIDER!) - comment dit-on: Italian Filipino Indian et European? so ...
- math - There are a total of 152 foreign language students in a high school where...
- Math - In a class of students, 80 spoke English, 110 spoke spanish, 100 spoke ...
- History - Which of the following best describes the difference between the ...
- spanish/chech - translate to spanish our father's office -la oficina de nuetro ...