Posted by Taylor on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 6:23pm.
My English teacher hates this story I wrote. So do I, but I don't know how to make it better. It is a compare and contrast paper about Hitler and Lisa (main character in a book we read called, The girl who owed a city). I don't know what to do! Help!
Both Hitler and Lisa were so similar they could be identical twins. Hitler was an evil dicatator who tried to wipe out a whole race, and by doing such he killed over six million people. Lisa was also a dictator, but nothing like Hitler. She was a kind girl who listened to others and was great at getting out of hard situations. Most people would ask, how are these two very different people so similar? This paper will answer all questions. Though these two people may seem different, they share similar thoughts and ideas about running an army.
Hitler and Lisa had different ways of treating others in their armies. Lisa was very kind to her people. Although she was stubborn, she was able to listen to other ideas. Hitler on the other hand had certain beliefs and if someone didn’t agree with them than Hitler thought that that person was crazy. Never did Hitler think he was the crazy one. When going got tough Hitler went crazy, while Lisa thought about what she could do to solve the dilemma. Lisa’s story ended on a happy note, unlike Hitler who killed himself. This is how Lisa and Hitler are different.
If a person met both Lisa and Hitler on the street, they would think that Hitler and Lisa are two very different people, but they ran their armies in almost identical ways. Both Hitler and Lisa were very strict to their people and they didn’t let certain people in. Each army was strong and defeated others. Each army came up with new and creative ways to beat other armies. Both dictators had hundreds of enemies. They both had people trying to kill and defeat them. But they both put up a hard fight ‘till the end. This is how Hitler and Lisa were almost the exact same.
Hitler and Lisa were very similar. Yes, they had some differences, too. Of course Lisa behaved nothing like Hitler, but she ran her army almost the same as Hitler did. Though they do seem very different at first, this paper has examples and details about their similarities, as well as differences. Hitler and Lisa, both two very different people, had a mind of a genius.
- L.A. - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 6:35pm
You need to completely reorganize your essay.
I. Intro, including thesis statement at the end
II. All about Lisa
III. All about Hitler
In addition, you need to completely rewrite that first paragraph -- but don't do so until AFTER YOU'VE WRITTEN THE BODY OF THE PAPER. Once you have sections II and III written, revised, and edited, then go back and write your introduction. Don't even try to rewrite what you have! Chuck it, and start over -- AFTER THE BODY OF THE PAPER IS DONE.
Feel free to repost if you wish our comments on your re-done paper.
- L.A. - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 9:32pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Here is some help on writing a compare/contrast essay:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Choose an essay or a short story to read. Then answer the following ...
- English 9 - I am reading short stories right now in english. My teacher has gave...
- English Check My Answer - If someone tells you a precautionary tale, he or she ...
- english - the antagonist of a story is: a)the hero of the story. b)engaged in a...
- author - 1. A classic is a literary work a. that is at least 50 years old b. has...
- English 9 - Please give me some advice!!!! Compare and contrast the poem "...
- english - Most of the time, the ____ struggles against the main character in a ...
- English - I have to record observations for every main character on "The ...
- English - Thank you very much for your suggestions. Here are some more sentences...
- Lang. Arts - In “Cream Puff,” Jen is a dynamic character because she A.shows ...