posted by Christian on .
1.What is Orwell's version of history prior to his own time? My answer: I don't understand this question.
2. How many of Orwell's predictions have come true? My answer: I don't think many of Orwell's predictions have come true. The thought police and the different ministries,and newspeak do not exsist.
3. What Orwellean elements are observed in today's world? I am having trouble figuring out exactly what an Orwellean element is.
1. What has happened in Orwell's fictional world before 1984? What was going on in the real world in the 1930s and 40s?
2. Essentially, I agree with you, yet we don't always trust the media to tell us the complete truth. And now our cell phone calls and e-mails can be read by almost anyone. Also -- there are some places in the world that don't have freedom of speech or freedom of the press.
3. An Orwellian element is something that Orwell wrote about -- such as thought police and newspeak.
This site may help you.