Please dont come here to cheat.
You can get the answers on either
6648Y- Exam 2
1. The native people of Australia are known as
A. aborigines C. peons
B. mestizos D. Walloons
2. The word ayatollah means
A. devil C. holy man
B. father D. warrior
3. The world's leading coffee exporter is
A. Brazil C. Kenya
B. Java D. Thailand
4. The European country sometimes known as “the Hexagon” is
A. France C. Spain
B. Germany D. Switzerland
5. Which Canadian province is primarily French-speaking?
A. Alberta C. Quebec
B. Ontario D. Saskatchewan
6. “The Britain of the South” is another name for
A. Bahama C. New Zealand
B. Bermuda D. South Africa
7. Ireland has been an independent country since
A. 966 C. 1882
B. 1252 D. 1922
8. The holy cities of Islam – Mecca and Medina – are located in
A. Iran C. Saudi Arabia
B. Iraq D. Israel
9. The largest desert in the world is the
A. Gobi Desert C. Painted Desert
B. Mohave Desert D. Sahara Desert
10. The main deposits of U.S. anthracite (hard) coal are found in the state of
A. California C. Pennsylvania
B. Montana D. West Virginia
11. The Falkland Islands, off the coast of South America, are the possession of
A. Argentina C. Chile
B. Britain D. Denmark
12. The African country that began as a colony for freed American black slaves is
A. Ghana C. Libya
B. Liberia D. South Africa
13. The least populated of the Scandinavian countries is
A. Finland C. Norway
B. Iceland D. Sweden
14. The Industrial Revolution began in Western Europe, specifically in the country of
A. Britain C. Germany
B. France D. Italy
15. The world's largest active volcano is located in
A. Hawaii C. Indonesia
B. Italy D. Mexico
16. The region known as “the cradle of civilization” is located in
A. Africa C. Europe
B. China and Japan D. the Middle East
17. The world's leading producer of cork and cork products is
A. Greece C. Portugal
B. Italy D. Spain
18. The province known as Canada's “oil tank” is
A. Alberta C. Ontario
B. British Columbia D. Quebec
19. The richest nation on the African continent is
A. Kenya C. South Africa
B. Nigeria D. Zaire
20. The first Arab country to sign a treaty with Israel was
A. Egypt C. Libya
B. Iran D. Syria
21. The South American country with the highest percentage of European descendents is
A. Argentina C. Columbia
B. Brazil D. Peru
22. Computers and microprocessors are manufactured in “Silicon Valley” in the state of
A. California C. Illinois
B. Florida D. New York
23. The South African policy of racial segregation is called
A. apartheid C. caste
B. bigotry D. neocolonialism
24. The “Big Stick” policy was the foreign policy of U.S. President
A. Monroe C. F. Roosevelt
B. Nixon D. T. Roosevelt
25. The offical religion of England is
A. Anglicanism C. Lutheranism
B. Catholicism D. Methodism
World Geography - I am need of some pages from Penn Fosters World Geography ...
literature/peotry - why did e. e. cummings write the poem Mariann Morre --M in a...
World Goegraphy - I need help with my Elective on World Geography
Geography of World Commerce - Hi I need help with Geography of World Commerce. ...
world geography - 007690RR, 007691, 007692, 007693 pls help me. penn foster ...
Geography (Urgent)... - I need to know 3 reasons why my Ecological Footprint is ...
world geography - explain how the Catholic Church provides the link between the ...
world geography - "What is the most importent natural mineral fuel in the world...
World History - Explain how geography helped the Romans build a world empire.
world geography :) - how many time zones are there in the world?