Posted by Joseph on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 1:52pm.
Hi I sent this question a few days ago but did not get it answered I think it may have been mixed up in the jumble.
The purpose of this lab exercise is to construct a table of relative strengths of oxidizing and reducing agents. By completing this exercise, you will see how more extensive tables of relative strengths of oxidizing and reducing agents have been developed.
Using the results from the three tables below, prepare a single table of relative strengths of oxidizing and reducing agents
Table 1. Reactions of metals and nonmetals with solution of ions
I2(aq) Cu2+(aq) Ag+(aq) Br2(aq)
I-(aq) X X T T
Cu(s) T X T T
Ag(s) X X X T
Br-(aq) X X X X
Table 2.Reaction of metals and solutions of ions
Ag+(aq) Pb2+(aq) Cu2+(aq) Zn2+(aq)
Ag(s)X X X X
Pb(s)T X T X
Cu(s)T X X X
Zn(s)T T T X
Table 3. Reactions of nonmetals with solutions of ions
Br-(aq) Cl-(aq) I-(aq)
Br2(aq) X X T
Cl2(aq) T X T
I2(aq) X X X
T = evidence redox reaction occured
X = no evidence of redox reaction
For table 1 I2(aq), Cu2+(aq), Ag+(aq) and Br2(aq) are supposed to be shifted to the right since they are horizontal.
I-(aq), Cu(s), Ag(s) and Br-(aq) are vertical.
For table 2
Ag+(aq), Pb2+(aq), Cu2+(aq) and Zn2+(aq) are supposed to be shifted to the right since they are horizontal.
Ag(s), Pb(s), Cu(s) and Zn(s) are vertical.
For table 3
Br-(aq), Cl-(aq) and I-(aq) are supposed to be shifted to the right since they are horizontal.
Br2(aq), Cl2(aq) and I2(aq) are vertical.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Hi I sent this question a few days ago but did not get it answered I...
- chemistry - Lab: Creating a Redox Table Purpose: The purpose of this lab ...
- Biology - This is related to a biology lab I did. What is the purpose of adding ...
- ART - Artists are driven to create art for many different reasons. What seems to...
- american Literature - Which best describes the main purpose of The Declaration ...
- english - I posted a question a few days ago, about Alan Kruger, and his stand ...
- Human Religious - How do you think the importance of these relationships ...
- CHEM (DrBob222) - I had posted the question to that previous chem question, ...
- L.A. - 1.? 2.A 3.D 1. What changes might help "Happiness is a charming Charlie ...
- english - at school i am reaing the kite runner as the class novel. i have one ...