Posted by unknown on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 7:46pm.
i am given equation
CH3COOH + NaOH ---> NaCH3COO + H2O
25ml of acetic acid solution 0.025L
12ml of mid point of titration
1mol of NaOH
find molar concentration
i use a balanced equation
it's a 1:1 ratio
molarity = mols/litre = mols/L
molarity= 1mol NaOH/0.012 NaOH 83.33mols/l
im a bit confused...i need to find the molar concentration of acetic acid, but i need to get molarity of NaOH first, but i'm not confident in this answer
- chemistry - Gregory, Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 7:47pm
are you in my Peel online class too?
- chemistry - unknown, Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 7:48pm
yes..im doing the acetic acid lab..still
- chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 11:56pm
The problem states that the mid-point of the titration is 12 mL (I assume that is 12 mL NaOH) so the equivalence point is 2 x 12 = 24 mL (double the mid-point).
Now you know
0.025 L acid x M acid = 0.024 L base x M base. But you need the M or ONE of them to calculate the other. Or at least you need some other information. I'm unfamiliar with the lab you are doing. Go back through it and see if there is any other information given. If so, I suggest you make a new post of it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - In the titration of 14.0 mL of 0.10M acetic acid with 0.40 M NaOH, (...
- chemistry - According to the equation CH3COOH + NaOH ---> NaCH3COO + H2O is ...
- Chemistry - Commercial vinegar was titrated with NaOH solution to determine the ...
- science - what is the balanced equation of the titration CH3COOH(aq) + NaOH(aq...
- Chemistry - You are carrying out the titration of 100.0 mL of 1.000M acetic acid...
- chemistry - hi, i am trying to develop a lab where i find the solubility of ...
- Chemistry - 1.) Watch the animation, and observe the titration process using a ...
- CHEMISTRY - The major component of vinegar is acetic acid CH3COOH. Which of the ...
- chemistrybuddy - hi, i am trying to develop a lab where i find the solubility of...
- chemistry - If it requires 30.0 milliliters of 1.2 molar HCl to neutralize 20.0 ...