Post a New Question

English Expressions

posted by on .

What is a suitable English term for the construction which is used for basket ball? There is a big round metal ring with a net on the structure. Players throw a basket ball into the ring. What is a suitable English term for the structure and the ring? Would you let me know them?

  • English Expressions - ,

    The structure is called the backboard and the ring (with net) is called the basket, or the "hoop". The net is just called the net.

    Throwing the basketball through the ring without touching the rim is call "swishing" or hitting "nothing but net".

    Basketball if full of colorful expressions, such as the "slam dunk".

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question