Posted by Jon on Friday, April 11, 2008 at 4:08pm.
1)An electromagnetic wave is produced by:
an accelerating charged particle or changing magnetic fields.
2)Find the period of an electromagnetic wave of wavelength 2.20 x 10^-2 m.
3.00 x 10^8 * 2.20 x 10^-2
= 6.60 x 10^6 s
- Physics - bobpursley, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 6:26pm
Also, think about your answer. A million seconds for one period? Goodness.
- Physics - Jon, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 7:15pm
2)I don't really understand 1/period*wavelength. I can't multiply period times wavelength if I don't know the period. but I did get a different answer. my book doesnt show me how to find the period I just used wavelength-frequency relationship for a wave equation to find the frequency
2.20 x 10^-2/3.00 x 10^8
= 7.33 x 10^-11
these are my choices by the way:
A)1.36 x 10^10
B)4.54 x 10^1
C)7.33 x 10^-11
D)6.60 x 10^6
- Physics - drwls, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 10:05pm
frequency = (speed of light)/(wavelength)
= 3*10^8 m/s/(2.2*10^-2 m)
Looks like (A) to me.
All I did was rearrange the equation BobPursley gave you.
If you would label your calculations with dimensions, and write down your equations, it would be easier for you to find your own errors. Once again, it seems you are just plugging in numbers at random.
- Physics - Jon, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 10:21pm
thank you but no I did not 3.00 x 10^8 is the speed of light constant I got from my book not out of my head thats what I use to find the wavelength
- Physics - Jon, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 10:38pm
the answer was C
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics!! - An electromagnetic wave is produced by: A. an accelerating charged ...
- College Physics - A radio station with a power of 20 kW sends out an ...
- Physics - A stationary particle of charge q = 1.4 10-8 C is placed in a laser ...
- 7th grade Science - What is the relationship between energy and the wavelength ...
- Physics - The electric and magnetic fields of a plane electromagnetic wave are ...
- Science - what is an electromagnetic wave comprised of? Electromagnetic waves ...
- Physics - 1)An electromagnetic wave has a wavelength of 6.2 x 10^14 n. What is ...
- physics - An electromagnetic wave in a vacuum has a magnetic field with a ...
- physics - The wavelength of an electromagnetic wave is measured to be 600 m. ...
- College Physics 2056 - An electromagnetic wave strikes a 3.00-cm2 section of ...