Posted by LT on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 10:11pm.
a solution saturated in calcium hydroxide(limewater) has a pH of 12.35. What is Ksp for calcium hydroxide?
How do i start this problem. please
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 10:38pm
Ca(OH)2 ==> Ca^+2 + 2OH^-
pH = 12.35
pOH = 14-12.35
Convert (OH^-) to (Ca^+2)
Calculate Ksp = (Ca^+2)(OH^-)^2
Post your work if you get stuck.
Chemistry - LT, Thursday, April 10, 2008 at 10:50pm
I follow you so far but how do you calculate OH
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, April 11, 2008 at 1:26am
pOH = 1.65 = -log(OH^-).
Do you know how to solve that?
-log(OH^-) = 1.65
log(OH^-) = -1.65
Enter -1.65 in your calculator and hit the 10x key. Tht will give you 0.022387 31M. (That is more places than you can use but that's the number that shows up on my calculator.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Calcium hydroxide has Ksp = 5.5 x 10-5 at 25 oC and a molar mass of ...
- Chemistry - A saturated aqueous solution of calcium hydroxide, Ca(OH)2, is ...
- CHEMISTRY--PLEASE HELP, URGENT - A saturated solution of CaSO4(aq) is made in a ...
- Chemistry - 1.Write a mathematical equation that can be used to calculate the ...
- Chemistry - A 205 mg sample of a diprotic acid is dissolved in enough water to ...
- Chemistry - 10. Use the accepted Ksp value of Calcium hydroxide to calculate the...
- chemistry - Determine the number of moles of calcium per mole of calcium ...
- Chemistry (urgent) - Hi, I have a few chemistry problems that I'm having trouble...
- 12 chemistry - What is the average ion concentration in a 7.9 mL saturated ...
- chemistry - Hi Cna someone please tell me what I must out into the Trial 1 ...